Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

5.7 S/C Xrunner

Old 02-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
5.7 S/C Xrunner

http://www.roadandtrack.com/auto-sho...a-x-runner-rtr

Probably a repost & apologizing in advance. I'd make this my DD..
Old 02-14-2012, 02:53 PM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
link no workie
Old 02-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #4
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
saw this on youtube awhile back, the 1/4 mile wasnt impressive at all for the s/c v8, but i would still love it
Old 02-15-2012, 03:40 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
the quarter mile sucked because the guy driving it sucked at it. a truck that light with that much power should be moving damn quick, hell my stock v6 runs 15's with traction.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed06rubi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kenney
06rubi's Tacoma Gallery
I was just telling my wife the other day thst a S/C 5.7 in a long travel Tacoma would be a fun truck.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
the quarter mile sucked because the guy driving it sucked at it. a truck that light with that much power should be moving damn quick, hell my stock v6 runs 15's with traction.
um. no. antron brown does not suck at driving. his voice may be high as hell but he's a pretty decent driver IMHO.

he used to race NHRA pro stock bike and now he's in top fuel. i think he's more than qualified to run a automatic truck with slicks down the quarter mile

oh, and toyota mentioned that there was only a preliminary tune on the truck. which could be one of the factors that led to a slower 1/4 mile time.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:00 AM   #8
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

from the video, it looks like he sucked ass driving it. i can imagine its a completely different machine than what he's used to, thats a 500ish horse power truck compared to his 2000ish horse power top fuel rail, it didnt hook, and i dont think he hand shifted it out which does alot for automatic's.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #9
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
from the video, it looks like he sucked ass driving it. i can imagine its a completely different machine than what he's used to, thats a 500ish horse power truck compared to his 2000ish horse power top fuel rail, it didnt hook, and i dont think he hand shifted it out which does alot for automatic's.
top fuel is 8,000-10,000 HP, not 2000... just sayin
Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #10
98_mud_bug

lol thats not much of a difference ha ha. i dono, i dont watch drag racing. really where's the fun in goin fast in a straight line, thats what i pick on all my friends about
Old 02-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
JStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJStradaXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuy
JStradaXR's Tacoma Gallery
first, the driver had alot to do with it....secondly to hold the power down in the rear. the leafs were de arched and if they would put the new sittin sic steel leafs on it wouldve made a difference also the urd traction bar for wheel hop.

if you watch the video he lags a bit and every second counts