Notices

Halon self-deploy fire suppression

Old 02-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Keep 'em spinnin'......
otownbluetacox is on a distinguished road

Name: JamesT
otownbluetacox's Tacoma Gallery
Halon self-deploy fire suppression

Just put one in my 08 Taco. looks awesome. the dealers rep is a cool dude.

see pics-info http://advanced-tech.com/firefight/taco1.htm
Old 02-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Pretty sweet. Pretty crazy when it discharges fyi. I've worked with it a ton in the navy, we use it in engine/fuel rooms for fire suppression.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #3
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Wait till it goes off. It will scare the living shit out of you. Speak from experience I do.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #4
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Wait till it goes off. It will scare the living shit out of you. Speak from experience I do.
Try being stuck in an engine room when you are testing the the co2 ignition system and
One of your guys forgot to disconnect a 150 lb Halon bottle. You'll shit bricks.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Keep 'em spinnin'......

Good!

I guess it works if the Navy Boys are using it. I hope it never goes off! Thanks for the info.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
tacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoteacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoteacher's Tacoma Gallery
One of the cleanest suppression systems out there. Often used in libraries and museums-no residue! Sure beats having a gazillion gallons of water on your valuables. Didn't realize they used them in vehicles. Pretty cool!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Name: David
battleyota's Tacoma Gallery
Had one of them go off in Your MRAP out on mission, Scared the shit outta me. Thought it was An IED the blew up on us. We all started coughing trying to get the hell out through the turrent...and at the same time for some reason, everything seemed slow motion. LOL
Old 02-18-2012, 12:59 PM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
One of the cleanest suppression systems out there. Often used in libraries and museums-no residue! Sure beats having a gazillion gallons of water on your valuables. Didn't realize they used them in vehicles. Pretty cool!
A high end museum will only use this as a last resort in their collection storage rooms. They usually use early warning systems so they can deal with the fire before any of the active fire suppression systems kick in.

It's cool and all but I guess I don't understand the purpose of this. What are you running where an engine fire is that much of a concern? Is it a racing thing?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
Keep 'em spinnin'......

I go to Orlando Speed World once in a while on Friday nights. To watch them race. Haven't been on the track yet but for $5.00 you can run whatever you want. Probably go in a week or two see what it does on the track. I've even seen them running the old 74-76 GMC motorhomes out there. front wheel drive 455. I think like the Toronado setup. Actually saw it on tv too. Killer RV Upgrades on travel channel last week or so... pretty cool a big behemoth with smoke pouring from the front fender wells.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoteacher View Post
Yeah, its very effective stuff for all fires. Most fire departments are discouraging it's use by non-'trained' personnel as it reportedly depletes all oxygen in the space.

Whit
Old 02-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
wes mantooth ™
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitster View Post
Yeah, its very effective stuff for all fires. Most fire departments are discouraging it's use by non-'trained' personnel as it reportedly depletes all oxygen in the space.

Whit
Yeah, it supposedly does. But the Navy still lets us in spaces that have it. Weird huh?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Nice I used to do fire inspections . Just don't put one in the cab
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #13
Whitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud ofWhitster has much to be proud of

Name: Whit
Whitster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joben7726 View Post
Yeah, it supposedly does. But the Navy still lets us in spaces that have it. Weird huh?
Yeah, the Navy thinks the 'space' is more important than we were.
I still remember going through the fire training in San Diego - Camp Nimitz.

Being in that closed-up concrete building with burning oil was one of the highlights of my life.

;->
Old 02-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #14
Internet Winner
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
So, what happens if it miss fires? Will it mess up anything? or would it just be a clean up job?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
So, what happens if it miss fires? Will it mess up anything? or would it just be a clean up job?
No I just kills all oxygen in the room or your case engine bay . It comes out like co2 without the snow
Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
battleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant futurebattleyota has a brilliant future

Army: 11 Bang Bang Squad leader, 25th ID, with 4 vacations to the exotic lands of the middle east.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otownbluetacox View Post
I go to Orlando Speed World once in a while on Friday nights. To watch them race. Haven't been on the track yet but for $5.00 you can run whatever you want. Probably go in a week or two see what it does on the track. I've even seen them running the old 74-76 GMC motorhomes out there. front wheel drive 455. I think like the Toronado setup. Actually saw it on tv too. Killer RV Upgrades on travel channel last week or so... pretty cool a big behemoth with smoke pouring from the front fender wells.
LMAO OMG, No freakin way. I went there on leave last year and saw the School bus figure 8 race and the trailer race. SHIT was flying every where. most redneckish things I've ever seen. but sooo AWESOME
Old 02-19-2012, 12:18 AM   #17
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
seen it in a wakeboarding boat not too long ago
Old 02-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #18
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleyota View Post
Had one of them go off in our MRAP out on mission, Scared the shit outta me. LOL
Exactly this. The fact of being able to laugh at it later is a miracle. The second time (which was the last time hopefully) some one thought it was a good idea to smoke inside the truck while I was troubleshooting it for...well...fire suppression malfunction. Turned out it wasn't malfunctioning.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Exactly this. The fact of being able to laugh at it later is a miracle. The second time (which was the last time hopefully) some one thought it was a good idea to smoke inside the truck while I was troubleshooting it for...well...fire suppression malfunction. Turned out it wasn't malfunctioning.
hahaha, damn things.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:47 AM   #20
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
i'd stay away from Halon...

Unless you have a super computer with multi-millionaire's account numbers and p0rn that you want to save...then go for it.