Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

$2800 supercharger alternative

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #1
Wisenthefools is on a distinguished road
Wisenthefools's Tacoma Gallery
$2800 supercharger alternative

I know I'm stirrin the ol' shit pot here but I just wanted to share this with you dudes. If you're like me (and like MOST x-runner owners) you love your truck but after a bit, it just aint enough anymore.

But boost and all other bolt on parts for toyota's are so flippin expensive right? and even then...it STILL won't be fast enough. Some guys on the toyota forums have spent well over $10,000 only to be lucky to touch the 13's. Just doesn't seem logical does it? Especially if you're not made of money or your truck is your daily driver. Well....here's what I did.

I said screw payin all that money for so little gains. I went and scowered craigslist for a car that I knew to be a tried and true workhorse with arguably the greatest aftermarket support of any vehicle ever made. Not only that but the parts/mods are dirt cheap in comparison to modding a toyota. With basic bolt ons these cars have been proven to run deep into the 13's. With slicks and a good driver, 12's can be had with a stock motor. With built motors (not even boosted) 10's and 11's are a breeze. Twin turbo? yeah....they're in the 8's.

Here's my $2800 (with "skillfull" negotiating) 89' Foxbody mustang 5.0. Hate the stangs all you want, no other car will bring you this much fun or this much speed for so little invested...

http://s1231.photobucket.com/albums/...rent=fox10.mp4

Old 03-01-2012, 02:26 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah this is faster than a truck, but in the end its still a Ford Shit-stang. I'll stick with the truck

Old 03-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Winning!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
Wisenthefools is on a distinguished road
Wisenthefools's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Yeah this is faster than a truck, but in the end its still a Ford Shit-stang. I'll stick with the truck
LOL....same thing I used to say. What matters most is tail lights bud and you'll be stuck seein alot of em.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I got my 900rr that will dust your pony unless you go twin turbo. So you can enjoy my tail light in your pony. And I paid less than a supercharger for it.

I'm just not ford guy. But as long as its fast that's all that matters right?

Old 03-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Cool... but if you bought a pickup and expected it to run 8's, you bought the wrong vehicle...

I'd rather run 15's and be able to haul a couch in the bed

Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisenthefools View Post
LOL....same thing I used to say. What matters most is tail lights bud and you'll be stuck seein alot of em.
There are at least two to three other things that matter more than tail lights in a vehicle, at least. . .

Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Mustang = Great fun.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
How much fire wood can you fit in the trunk? It's snow like crazy here right now what to race?

Old 03-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #10
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
^ yeah totally different kinda vehicle though

Old 03-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Driving like an A hole on public streets...Well done OP! Another interesting tid bit O info...I believe we have a member who is an LEO in your area.....

Closed Thread