Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner Dyno

Old 12-17-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
X-Runner Dyno

Made two pulls last night on a loaded dyno - DynoDymanics. There operator was telling me about a car that had pulled earlier in the day. he didn't say what kind of car, but the guy had a DynoJet sheet that showed just under 300whp, the guy only pulled 180whp.

In my other post I showed where one guy dyno'd his car on a DynoDynamics and a DynoJet. Based on that % difference, I'm not too disappointed, but because they aren't the numbers on my sheet, there is some sadnes...

Quote:
Same car, almost identical conditions
ATP (Dynojet) - 275.8whp and 232.2 torque
Vishnu (DynoDynamics) - 224.7whp and 192.2 torque

So depending on how you look at it ... Dynojet runs 22.74% higher than a DynoDynamic or DynoDynamic runs 18.53% lower than a Dynojet (with regards to whp).
Air intake temp read between 65-70*, humidity felt low. Boost peaked just a hair below 6psi.

Stock = 180.5rwhp/229.9rwtq
Stock TRD S/C = 228.8rwhp/279.8rwtq - 48rwhp/50rwtq gain
Last Nights Pull = 297rwhp & 320rwtq - 70wrhp/40rwtq gain

So with intake, exhaust and the X-1 and a tune I was good for 70rwhp. Not too shabby at all!! That was more then the blower alone.

Now if the dyno reading 18.0% lower is accurate, then I've got some pretty gnarly numbers.
362rwhp & 389rwtq
Old 12-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
The dynodynamics is the one thats portable, correct?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #4
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
The dynodynamics is the one thats portable, correct?
It looked like it could be portable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
So what did you run the other night in San Antonio at the track?
Didn't end up making it out. Will be out this friday for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
Very impressive
Especially considering its common that this type of dyno reads quite a bit lower. There is a reason its called the 'heart break dyno'.

Regardless of the numbers, the best representation to how fast the truck is, is the 1/4 mile Trap speed. HP & TQ go hand in hand with vehicle weight when it comes to performance. lighter vehicles need less power to be just as fast. Dynos are best for spotting HP changes with new mods, and not as a comparable factor for other vehicles.