Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Getting closer to the 12 second club..

Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #1
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Getting closer to the 12 second club..

Hit up the 1/4 strip tonight, and got a new personal best. Only changes since this run and my last (13.71 @ 104.65 w/2.15 60') is the addition of new tires, and traction bars.

Still wasn't able to get a good launch, but i was able to go WOT in first gear with the aid of the new tires and more importantly the traction bars. That plus better shifting (thanks to the latest X-1 update) helped me drop almost .25 seconds off my ET. There is still a lot time that can be picked up in that 60' mark, and my 1-2 shift can be cleaner still.

Was able to make a total of 10 passes tonight. Conditions were pretty bad. Humidity was 100%, temp was said to be in the mid 60's. SG-II showed my intake temp between 75-82 at the END of a pass. With the K&N I was staging with intake temps from 94-101*.

Truck weighed in at 3910lbs with me in the truck. With tonight's runs, I have a few new kills to add to the collection. Including a modded Evo and Charger SRT-8 Super Bee.

Previous Best
13.71 @ 104.65 | 8.96 @ 80.94 | 60' = 2.15

Best 3 runs
13.49 @ 104.02 | 8.79 @ 82.52 | 60' = 2.12
13.54 @ 103.71 | 8.81 @ 81.71 | 60' = 2.08
13.57 @ 104.19 | 8.85 @ 82.09 | 60' = 2.13

Worst 2 runs
13.86 @ 104.12 | 9.12 @ 81.30 | 60' = 2.22
14.11 @ 104.12 | 9.34 @ 80.23 | 60' = 2.28

Set a new personal best in many fields tonight, including a 60' time finally in the 2.0x range, also new best on the 1/8 mile stats (8.79 @ 82.52), and the 1/4 ET. Won't be able to beat my 1/4 trap until I raise my rev limiter or pick up enough mph to make it worth while to shift into 4th.

Timeslips and clips will come later.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
what did you get for tires? if you run at the track often enough it would really be worth getting a set of mickey T et slicks or ET streets for track duty
Old 12-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
what did you get for tires? if you run at the track often enough it would really be worth getting a set of mickey T et slicks or ET streets for track duty

I'm running 255/45R18 KDW 2 tires on stock rims.

I am in the market for some dedicated track wheels/tires. Just waiting on funds for these.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Yea you drop that 60 foot time you are in the low 13s with that trap speed and hit the 1-2 right and you in the 12s easy

good runs
Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Videos of my 3 fastest passes.

Charger SRT-8 Super Bee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvLJl3SG7BQ

Chevy pickup w/big block
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xh3uFbyemE

Modded Evo.. I was given a headstart...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jReDjCfX_-Y
Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Awsome times! Good job!

Also, That chevy launched HARD!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Id like to see that chevy run the evo
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
Id like to see that chevy run the evo
That would be a VERY close trace. Both trapped between 125-128.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevigee View Post
U got some close up pics of your truck?
How are these?

Old 01-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #10
Twiganot is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sergeant (best rank in the Corps)
Twiganot's Tacoma Gallery
Hey XrunnIT

Those are projector headlights right? where did you get them? and what all mods have you done to get to low 13's?

I like the black slit grill!!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #12
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Sweet times!
Just ran last night.. and got a little bit closer..

13.38 @ 104.34

Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 AM   #13
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Dude you live like 10 minutes from me..... If you ever wanna look bad @$$ driving to SA to race, nothing would look better than me trailering you there to run. Our trucks are complete opposites, but still Tacoma's none the less.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:05 PM   #14
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Dude you live like 10 minutes from me..... If you ever wanna look bad @$$ driving to SA to race, nothing would look better than me trailering you there to run. Our trucks are complete opposites, but still Tacoma's none the less.
HAHA, that would be AWESOME!

Once I finish my performance stuff, and get a set of slicks, we'll have to do that. By that time, truck will be in the 12's for sure.. and who's to say that 11's aren't out of the question..
Old 01-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #16
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
HAHA, that would be AWESOME!

Once I finish my performance stuff, and get a set of slicks, we'll have to do that. By that time, truck will be in the 12's for sure.. and who's to say that 11's aren't out of the question..

I should mention that I don't have a trailer within 150 miles of here that could tow you, so I hope you have one.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #17
confuzzed2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Public Affairs
confuzzed2's Tacoma Gallery
Loved the photo

Couldn't help but give your photo a little love, hope you dont mind. : ) Landscape photography isn't really my thing, I'm more into weddings/portraits, but here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Getting closer to the 12 second club..-xrunnit.jpg  
Old 03-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
Diffuse Pattern Recognition
Vinyl Taco will become famous soon enoughVinyl Taco will become famous soon enough

Name: Jimmie
Vinyl Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I was in his truck today....Shot for a 4 liter V6...he was way beyond 120mph with no problems.....that thing is hella fast.....and loud as fvck!!Nice ride my friend...nice ride!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzzed2 View Post
Couldn't help but give your photo a little love, hope you dont mind. : ) Landscape photography isn't really my thing, I'm more into weddings/portraits, but here you go.
That's sick bro!! Nicely done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyl Taco View Post
I was in his truck today....Shot for a 4 liter V6...he was way beyond 120mph with no problems.....that thing is hella fast.....and loud as fvck!!Nice ride my friend...nice ride!
hopefully in about two months it will be significantly faster..
Old 03-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #20
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
whatcha doing to it? New URD stage 2 SC... drag radials... NOS... ???
Staying with the TRD blower. I'll for sure be faster then the URD Stage II. And probably be as quick if not quicker then the Stage III kit.

DRs are in the to do list. Hopefully when I get my new mods and DRs I'll be in the low-mid 12's in the 1/4.

But only time will tell. Unfortunately, with weather getting worse (for racing), I won't know for sure until next fall/winter.