Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Just bought my X-Runner, stiff clutch?

Old 08-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
cudalord is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
cudalord's Tacoma Gallery
Just bought my X-Runner, stiff clutch?

Hey guys, I'm new to the X-Runner community, I literally just picked up my X-Runner. I noticed, whoever, the clutch seemed a bit hard to press down. Is this just how these trucks are? It's a 2005 with around 100K on it, so I expect to do a few things like bleed the clutch, check the master and slave for leaks, etc. but was wondering if that's just how these are.

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as I get to know this truck and clean it up and put my personal touches on it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Just bought my X-Runner, stiff clutch?-2012-08-04_13-50-06_608.jpg  
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #3
theOne2 is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
theOne2's Tacoma Gallery
possible aftermarket clutch or you just need to workout your legs more.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
yea, they have stiff clutches. mine has been like that since the day i bought it.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Houston's Swamp Rat
wrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedwrxRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
wrxRome's Tacoma Gallery
get a softer spring? my friend did that in his g37 and it feels tons better
Old 08-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cudalord View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the X-Runner community, I literally just picked up my X-Runner. I noticed, whoever, the clutch seemed a bit hard to press down. Is this just how these trucks are? It's a 2005 with around 100K on it, so I expect to do a few things like bleed the clutch, check the master and slave for leaks, etc. but was wondering if that's just how these are.

I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions as I get to know this truck and clean it up and put my personal touches on it.

Thanks!
Black headlight mod huh?
Your truck has been molested.

Don't be surprised if you have an aftermarket clutch.

You can probably find the previous owner on XRU.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:53 AM   #7
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Also the black panel on the front bumper is missing... But anyways, The clutches are a bit stiff compared to several other cars that I have driven with a manual. You get used to it after a while.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM   #9
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
wow, i just noticed the headache rack and bed rack thing.
lol Yea, I noticed that too.

Looks like some sort of ladder rack maybe.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #10
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i love my truck, but there's no way i would have bought an x runner for a work truck. ever. lol