Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x runner vs civic si

Old 09-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #21
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Yep if you like the X and you dont really like the civic, you should just get rid of it before you get too many miles on it. Or like the others said the frs/brz, those things are sick! Or maybe like an sti impreza?
Old 09-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #23
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
It is a K24 block already.

Honda seems to be in this funk with the Si. It's like the budget and engineering departments keep arguing back and forth. '99-'00, 160 hp 1.6L, fast high-revving fun. '02-'05, still 160 hp and more torque with 2.0L, but boring. '06-'11, 197 hp, still 2.0L but wicked fun. '12, 201 hp and more torque with 2.4L, but boring... you get the picture.

I wouldn't trade a Honda six speed for the Tacoma six speed. That is the definition of polar opposite, trading from one of the best manual tranny manufacturers in the world to one of the worst. It WILL feel like you're shifting an old Ford 8N.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
Krysstoffurr is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Krysstoffurr's Tacoma Gallery
I have an '03 s2000 and just got a '13 4x4 taco they are absolutly nothing alike (obviously). When I bought my s2k I almost got the civic si instead but they drive completly different, I have a friend with an si and he too got bored with it but I have yet to meet anyone with an s2k thats bored. I suggest you go try an s2000 and see what you think of it, also an older one will probably be about half the cost of an x-runner and get better gas milage (I assume) I get about 24mpg in my s2k with slightly faster then the flow of traffic driving.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 PM   #25
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about limiting the amount of time you drive the car?...You will appreciate it that much more...I love my truck which is my daily driver..but when I come home and see the RSX parked it makes me grin....been a few times when I will jump into because I need a canyon run fix...You are in a great position to be able to have two vehicles...Whatever you decide to do Im sure you will end up with a good combo. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
jped1981 is on a distinguished road
Army:
jped1981's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for all the input everyone! I think I will keep the civic for now. I think you guys convinced me of either keeping it or going with frs/brz I might check that out this weekend. AZHornet, Dont ever get rid of that RSX!! One of my biggest mistakes in life ever! I bought one back in 2003 AEM V2 intake and hondata reflash, it was just a fun car to drive! Keep it! Thanks again everyone for all your input! By the way is the 6 speed manual transmission on the xrunner different than the one on the 4x4? how bad are they?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #27
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jped1981 View Post
Thanks for all the input everyone! I think I will keep the civic for now. I think you guys convinced me of either keeping it or going with frs/brz I might check that out this weekend. AZHornet, Dont ever get rid of that RSX!! One of my biggest mistakes in life ever! I bought one back in 2003 AEM V2 intake and hondata reflash, it was just a fun car to drive! Keep it! Thanks again everyone for all your input! By the way is the 6 speed manual transmission on the xrunner different than the one on the 4x4? how bad are they?
Remember you can try the 2006-2011 si's instead of the 2012. K20 instead of K24, that might be worth looking into also! There seems to be a lot of complaints about the 2nd gen 6 speed but that still wouldnt stop me from getting one. Its still probably better than the auto, but thats just my opinion because i like having my hand on a stick while i drive hahah just kidding...
Old 10-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #30
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
Pontiac- Po Old ***** Thinks Its A Cadillac
You high again?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #32
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
Lol nah laying off the grass for a while, it was eating a hole in my pocket.. Plus more mod money, me thinking supercharger next!
I have heard it gets pricey.

Blower would be nice. The power increase alright. Braaaaaap!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #33

Dude come on 4 bangers whip v8's all the time haha just kidding but they have a lot of potential and can be just as fast!
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #34
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I would keep the Civic. You feel bored now but you will be even more bored with the X after a few months. Besides, the Toyota 6 speed is trash.
X2 I had an 06 X-Runner and the 6 speed is junk, other than that the truck was alot of fun. I also do not see the need for two truck keep the SI!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #35
BlacKRioT has a spectacular aura aboutBlacKRioT has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: Air Traffic Controller
Name: Heston
BlacKRioT's Tacoma Gallery
LOL I came to say the same thing ^^^^^
Old 10-02-2012, 09:07 AM   #36
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sup TW! I currently own a honda civic si 2012, and though it is an awesome ride, it doesn't leave me with the same enthusiastic driver experience my old rsx type s had. Needless to say ive had the car for 3500 miles and I feel bored. So one day I see an xrunner on the dealer lot, it is speedway blue, 2011 model with 10000 miles. After driving the truck I realivze that the civic is faster, albeit not by much but there was something more soulful with the xrunner. The v6 rumble and the way it drove reminded me of the old s10 of yesteryear. (One of my younger day dream cars). I stepped on the gas pedal and it seemed like the truck hard more personality. As I talk to the dealer, I realize that they want nearly 27k for it! Apparently. Just acouple hundred off the price of the 2013! I currently own a 4x4 reg cab 2.7 (my workhorse) so this civic or xrunner is my fun weekend car. I was able to bring them down to 24 k but even as reasonalble of a price that is, I'm not sure I want to spend that much more for a used car. For those of you that have driven similar vehicles, what is your opinions? Is the xrunner worth it? Or should I keep the civic? On a side note I just put a Doug Thorley exhaust and header on my 4x4! How cool is that? It rides a little faster but still no si or xrunner fast! Thanks a lot guys waiting foryour insight!
Boost the civic, you won't feel bored anymore
Old 10-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #37
Army:
I think ill check out the frs this weekend and see what's up...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #38
Banned
Quote:
I think ill check out the frs this weekend and see what's up...
Meh. I like the BRZ better but even then it's only 200hp.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #39
Army:
I remember the days when I thought Honda could do no wrong, the prelude use to be the best handling sports car out of the box that money could buy. The 99 civic si was immortalized in gone in 60 seconds, the legendary s2000 in fast and furious, and who could forget the days of the crx? They single handedly brought the sport compact to the American public and ushered the age of the "ricer". Potent fun to drive four bangers were the staple, drivers turned to JDM styles and slowly Honda started to change....what happened?
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #40
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
The issue is you got the wrong Si...go drive a 2010 or 2011 Si and you will get the personality you want...8200 RPM redline with VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams kicking in a 5800 RPM gives a good kick...the new Si's are for the masses with lower redline, VTEC on intake only that is barely noticeable and focus more on low end torque then high end power and feel...yes the 2012 Si has more power but the 2011 felt faster and more emotional to me...The only reason I got rid of mine is because I am just too big for the car and my back would kill my back on my daily commute...

Hit the nail on the head right there. As a past owner of a 2007 civic si, I definitely liked the 2.0 better than the 2.4. Yes, the new one has more torque than the old one but it was more fun to drive. I out grew the civic in about a year or so and got myself a motorcycle. As far as owning a Tacoma (2nd gen), I would never get rid of it and I have had many, many cars before. In fact, I just purchased another Tacoma (1st gen). I don't think $24K for a used X-runner is bad though you can get a new one for a little bit more though if you are looking for fast, you need to look elsewhere though with enough $$$, you can make almost anything fast.