LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x runner vs civic si

Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #41
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jped1981 View Post
I remember the days when I thought Honda could do no wrong, the prelude use to be the best handling sports car out of the box that money could buy. The 99 civic si was immortalized in gone in 60 seconds, the legendary s2000 in fast and furious, and who could forget the days of the crx? They single handedly brought the sport compact to the American public and ushered the age of the "ricer". Potent fun to drive four bangers were the staple, drivers turned to JDM styles and slowly Honda started to change....what happened?
They became more concerned with their 50+ buyer instead of the younger buyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
Hit the nail on the head right there. As a past owner of a 2007 civic si, I definitely liked the 2.0 better than the 2.4. Yes, the new one has more torque than the old one but it was more fun to drive. I out grew the civic in about a year or so and got myself a motorcycle. As far as owning a Tacoma (2nd gen), I would never get rid of it and I have had many, many cars before. In fact, I just purchased another Tacoma (1st gen). I don't think $24K for a used X-runner is bad though you can get a new one for a little bit more though if you are looking for fast, you need to look elsewhere though with enough $$$, you can make almost anything fast.
Agreed on all fronts...
Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
I would keep the Civic, truth be told. I don't really care for the newer Civics, (I'm an 88-91 Civic/CRX guy) but in all practicality, it would be better to have. You're going to want something good on gas, and as we all know, a truck doesn't get great gas mileage- especially competed to a Civic. If you have two trucks, you'll have two gas-guzzlers and no way to cut down on what you spend in gas.

Edit: 100 posts- woot!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #43
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
If you wanna go fast, buy a v8.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #44
jped1981 is on a distinguished road
Army:
jped1981's Tacoma Gallery
Going back on this topic, I looked up some 1/4 mile and 0-60 times can't remember the exact times but the civic beats the taco 0-60, taco wins 1/4 goes to the xrunner. I guess I could just get a v8 but I can't justify the 30 g for a mustang or 34 for the camaro. I'm still thinking about keeping the civic, you guys are right, I think my eyes got the best of me when I saw that xrunner!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #45
Army:
I bought the x runner! I now own a 4 banger 4x4 and an x runner sooo excited!
Attached Thumbnails
x runner vs civic si-imag0400.jpg   x runner vs civic si-imag0382.jpg  
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #46
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Sorry to hear.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #47
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
If you wanna go fast, buy a v8.
Or turbo a rotary 1.3 liters of madness!!

Quote:
I bought the x runner! I now own a 4 banger 4x4 and an x runner sooo excited!
Nice! How you liking it compared to the si? I wouldve traded you my truck for the civic.. Lol
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #48
Army:
The xrunner is awesome! My civic was cool, but like my last posts I felt like it definitely missing character, the x runner however has a lot of soul! So it shifts a little longer than the si, and is bigger, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are very similar....I really like the comfort in there, its just right! Its fast enough, looks awesome and real comfortable to drive! Until honda can bring back something with the heritage that it had, no more honda sporty cars for me
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #49
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The xrunner is awesome! My civic was cool, but like my last posts I felt like it definitely missing character, the x runner however has a lot of soul! So it shifts a little longer than the si, and is bigger, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are very similar....I really like the comfort in there, its just right! Its fast enough, looks awesome and real comfortable to drive! Until honda can bring back something with the heritage that it had, no more honda sporty cars for me
Join http://xr-underground.com/ there is where you will find all the Xrunner guys.

I would highly recommend a short shifter since you are complaining about the shifts. TRD or URD are very good choices.

and if you have lots of money and want to go fast, drop a TRD S/C in the truck with a smaller pulley and it will put your old honda to shame. My truck will do a 0-60 in 5.2 seconds Then again I have spent a lot of money on it.
Not my truck exactly but pretty close
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uPDgo5ARLc

and if you are a good driver you can do this with a little bit of suspension mods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzVRaM-FenU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKYQ...eature=related
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 PM   #50
Tommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommy27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tommy
Tommy27's Tacoma Gallery
Op, my advice wait till somehwere around November 29th. Honda should unviel an updated 9th gen Civic around that time. If that doesnt turn out well then look into getting an 8th gen civic. Do some research at www.8thcivic.com that site is great
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #51
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy27 View Post
Op, my advice wait till somehwere around November 29th. Honda should unviel an updated 9th gen Civic around that time. If that doesnt turn out well then look into getting an 8th gen civic. Do some research at www.8thcivic.com that site is great
He already got an xrunner
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #52
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Gulf Greyhound Park! That is my home! Grew up 15 mins away.

H-TOWN baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzVRaM-FenU
Old 12-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #53
miacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud ofmiacevedo has much to be proud of

Name: Mike
miacevedo's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a RSX S and X-Runner. The RSX was nice, but the power and RWD of the X was much nicer
Old 12-20-2012, 04:38 PM   #54
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinramsay View Post
How are you getting bored when you have this??? I could do this all day if i had one haha. Just mod it and make it look nice! Maybe some suspension upgrades, new rims, exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OP2-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9YJKsrVzU
why have that when you can have this lol?

yes this is me btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0bdRrbJSTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6wWLBZDUhw
Old 12-20-2012, 05:52 PM   #55
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Gets pretty old always hearing how the tranny in the X is trash.. I got mine off the showroom floor in 05 have 113k on it now never had a problem, same clutch same tranny and im not easy on it..

Have fun with the truck..
Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #56
ElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enoughElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enough
ElTacoCaliente's Tacoma Gallery
Good choice with the X runner! Likely going to be a VERY fun truck! It's like a new version of the S-10 Xtremes! I used to love those trucks and fantasize about dropping in an LS-1 and some Camaro wheels!

Having owned a 1990 CRX and a 2005 Civic, I think Honda really missed the boat with the newer stuff. Yeah, it's more powerful and more comfortable but, the sporty handling and the general feel of "flingability" is long gone, IMHO.

Oh well, things change. I gotta say, the 4.0L in the Taco (granted mine is a heavier, higher COG, 4x4) makes for a fun ride! My 4x4 feels a lot like my CRX did carving around the backroads so, I bet an X runner is even more fun! (Plus RWD, which adds so much to the equation!!!!!)

Anyways, congrats on your new truck purchase!
Old 12-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #57
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElTacoCaliente View Post
It's like a new version of the S-10 Xtremes!
s10 xtremes are garbage. all it is, is a body kit. at least toyota did it semi-right by bracing the frame, beefing suspension and sway bars front and rear. plus x's just plain look badass

toyotas target when they were developing the X was the 350z, so they had to throw some upgrades on it
Old 12-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #59
ElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enoughElTacoCaliente will become famous soon enough
ElTacoCaliente's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
s10 xtremes are garbage. all it is, is a body kit. at least toyota did it semi-right by bracing the frame, beefing suspension and sway bars front and rear. plus x's just plain look badass

toyotas target when they were developing the X was the 350z, so they had to throw some upgrades on it
I'm not saying they were some grand thing, just that they looked sweet! At the time that they first came out, I hardly knew my ass from a hole in the ground when it came to mechanical bits! I just knew they looked sweet and that people were putting IROC clone 17" rims (clone since IROCs only came in 16" but, there was an aftermarket company that made 17") on them and LS-1's in them and they looked hot!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #60
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Get the best of both worlds. Scion FR-S (turbo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBdFiFOWGms