Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x runner vs civic si

Old 12-21-2012, 02:37 PM   #61
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
s10 xtremes are garbage. all it is, is a body kit. at least toyota did it semi-right by bracing the frame, beefing suspension and sway bars front and rear. plus x's just plain look badass

toyotas target when they were developing the X was the 350z, so they had to throw some upgrades on it

I almost got one.. after i got hit in my 03 i went looking for another truck, seen a black s10 at the stealership here looked pretty sharp..

Buuut when i went to the Yoda stealership they had a BSP on the showroom floor.. Needless to say i didnt leave without it .. So glad i got it
Old 12-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #62
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
I almost got one.. after i got hit in my 03 i went looking for another truck, seen a black s10 at the stealership here looked pretty sharp..

Buuut when i went to the Yoda stealership they had a BSP on the showroom floor.. Needless to say i didnt leave without it .. So glad i got it
Yea I don't blame you. XR=pure secks

I had a 2010 dcsb lifted and with the works,(pics in my gallery) went back to the dealership randomly one day and said get me an xrunner here. The next day I came home with my baby and deployed shortly after for 6 months and that's where all my mods came from lol
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #63
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective_Dan View Post
Yea I don't blame you. XR=pure secks

I had a 2010 dcsb lifted and with the works,(pics in my gallery) went back to the dealership randomly one day and said get me an xrunner here. The next day I came home with my baby and deployed shortly after for 6 months and that's where all my mods came from lol
Awesome.. it was funny when jennie and i walked into the stealership she saw the look on my face and said thats it isnt it ...Still have a 07 TRD Sport, just was never into cars..
Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 PM   #64
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Awesome.. it was funny when jennie and i walked into the stealership she saw the look on my face and said thats it isnt it ...Still have a 07 TRD Sport, just was never into cars..
Yea I couldn't justify having both but I'm happier with my XR. The only downside is I can't go shooting as much because all the good spots are down trails and my baby isn't going down a trail. Ever
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #65
Mclovin80 is on a distinguished road
Mclovin80's Tacoma Gallery
If you want something fun to drive that's a reasonable price, go with a Mazdaspeed3. They will blow away a Civic Si and many other imports.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #66
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin80 View Post
If you want something fun to drive that's a reasonable price, go with a Mazdaspeed3. They will blow away a Civic Si and many other imports.
Mazdaspeed3=fwd=fail
Old 01-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #67
Murdered X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin80 View Post
No thanks.. I'll keep my X-Runner it's fun to drive
Old 01-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #68
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
The issue is you got the wrong Si...go drive a 2010 or 2011 Si and you will get the personality you want...8200 RPM redline with VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams kicking in a 5800 RPM gives a good kick...the new Si's are for the masses with lower redline, VTEC on intake only that is barely noticeable and focus more on low end torque then high end power and feel...yes the 2012 Si has more power but the 2011 felt faster and more emotional to me...The only reason I got rid of mine is because I am just too big for the car and my back would kill my back on my daily commute...

Couldn't have said it better myself. The 8th gen Si's were the shiat compared to the 9th gen. I just traded my extremely clean, stupid low mile 09' Si coupe in on a 2012 single cab Tacoma 2.7 auto 4x4. I loved the Si but it just wasn't Getting any wheel time after buying my Land Cruiser.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #69
jtallsc1 is on a distinguished road
Name: James
jtallsc1's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 2013 xrunner in dark blue and love it! I also have a 2004 prerunner limited. I drive both and enjoy both. I personally wouldn't even think about owning a civic. I've had a truck since 1983.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #70
TEQ HED
Mattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shedMattnatti is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mattnatti's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cintocrunch View Post
The issue is you got the wrong Si...go drive a 2010 or 2011 Si and you will get the personality you want...8200 RPM redline with VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams kicking in a 5800 RPM gives a good kick...the new Si's are for the masses with lower redline, VTEC on intake only that is barely noticeable and focus more on low end torque then high end power and feel...yes the 2012 Si has more power but the 2011 felt faster and more emotional to me...The only reason I got rid of mine is because I am just too big for the car and my back would kill my back on my daily commute...

Ditto, I just traded in a 09' Si. I loved the car but I am too big for it. The V-tec and 8k RPM was fantastic but I found myself wringing the cars neck every time I drove it.

The 2012 Si suck. Too soft of a ride, no spirit and just bland. The S2000 would be a nice choice.

I miss the Si but I am glad I made the trade for the Tacoma, it compliments my Land Cruiser perfectly.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #71
sde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant futuresde780 has a brilliant future
sde780's Tacoma Gallery
1. Spend $5k and turbo your Si. You can make 400whp easy on the stock block. I'm making 300whp on a built d16 block and it's plenty of fun as-is

2. Buy a used Evo or S2000 if you really want a good driver's car. I personally would not pay $27k for a v6 lowered truck lulz