Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x runner vs civic si

Old 09-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
jped1981 is on a distinguished road
Army:
jped1981's Tacoma Gallery
x runner vs civic si

Sup TW! I currently own a honda civic si 2012, and though it is an awesome ride, it doesn't leave me with the same enthusiastic driver experience my old rsx type s had. Needless to say ive had the car for 3500 miles and I feel bored. So one day I see an xrunner on the dealer lot, it is speedway blue, 2011 model with 10000 miles. After driving the truck I realivze that the civic is faster, albeit not by much but there was something more soulful with the xrunner. The v6 rumble and the way it drove reminded me of the old s10 of yesteryear. (One of my younger day dream cars). I stepped on the gas pedal and it seemed like the truck hard more personality. As I talk to the dealer, I realize that they want nearly 27k for it! Apparently. Just acouple hundred off the price of the 2013! I currently own a 4x4 reg cab 2.7 (my workhorse) so this civic or xrunner is my fun weekend car. I was able to bring them down to 24 k but even as reasonalble of a price that is, I'm not sure I want to spend that much more for a used car. For those of you that have driven similar vehicles, what is your opinions? Is the xrunner worth it? Or should I keep the civic? On a side note I just put a Doug Thorley exhaust and header on my 4x4! How cool is that? It rides a little faster but still no si or xrunner fast! Thanks a lot guys waiting foryour insight!
Old 09-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
If you can swing it I'd get the X; a new X.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
I agree the RSX is way more fun to drive than an SI. An X-runner is fun to drive because it's a quick truck but has a lot to be desired. If it was me and I had a lot of fun money to go with the truck I would supercharge it and upgrade suspension. Then it would be a blast.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #4
PahalaTacoma is on a distinguished road
PahalaTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im assuming you race once in a while. Road racing/autocross - Si. Drag racing - Xrunner.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would keep the Civic. You feel bored now but you will be even more bored with the X after a few months. Besides, the Toyota 6 speed is trash.

Really though it is up to you. I say no. Not for speed and not for handling.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #6
Socal Tacoma
boopie is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Name: Ramon
boopie's Tacoma Gallery
That would leave you with 2 trucks??? You plan on trading in the 4x4??
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Army:
Thanks guys for the input! Boopie, yes it sounds weird but in the end it would mean I would have 2 trucks. Steve I definitely like the new x, but that thing will be way over my fun car budget. Supercharging and all that jazz would be fun, but that would get really pricey really fast! Lol! Whippersnapper, seems like you are not a fan of the "sporty truck" too much. Seems like you got bored with one. What happened did you move on to something else? Pahalatacoma and isu ive read somewhere that the xrunner can hold as many g's in the turns as a 350z I would love to see how my civic would do against it around the track lol! If that is true that the x can do that it should theoretically spank my civic I'm still on the fence...by the way the x is speedway blue, I'm partial to black....have anyone else driven both types of vehicles?
Old 09-30-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
diesel30 is on a distinguished road

diesel30's Tacoma Gallery
If you're bored with the si then trade it in on a pre-owned s2000. It will obviously blow the doors off of either the si or x runner in any line. strait or especially a curvy one. not to mention you can pick up a few year old one in the teens. I'm sure you won't get too bored with that thing spinning to 8 grand.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sport and truck don't work in the same sentence. You are trying to get a heavy brick to be sporty and it just isn't going to work without a money tree.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #10
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
The issue is you got the wrong Si...go drive a 2010 or 2011 Si and you will get the personality you want...8200 RPM redline with VTEC on both intake and exhaust cams kicking in a 5800 RPM gives a good kick...the new Si's are for the masses with lower redline, VTEC on intake only that is barely noticeable and focus more on low end torque then high end power and feel...yes the 2012 Si has more power but the 2011 felt faster and more emotional to me...The only reason I got rid of mine is because I am just too big for the car and my back would kill my back on my daily commute...
Old 09-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
Id say keep the si and use a little cash to do some nice mods to it. I love the 2012 civics and i think they look better than the x. Or someone else said get an s2000, which would be a very good option if you didnt mind a smaller car. Ive driven one and fell in love with it but they cost too much for me to afford one. Youd also be losing a little mpg going to an x. Dont get me wrong the xrunner is a sweet truck and id love one too.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #12
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like you need a liter bike.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
sounds like you need a liter bike.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
AZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZHornet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Michael
AZHornet's Tacoma Gallery
I just got an RSX myself

2006 Type S..first Acura (Honda)...all I can say is wow!..the feel of that VTEC kicking in at 6400 RPM..the handling..engine noise..

Im like you that I am lucky to have my truck as my daily so this is a weekend only car...if you are looking for something different, have you thought about the BRZ/FRS? I believe they are mid 20K's and RWD to boot...
Old 09-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #15
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHornet View Post
2006 Type S..first Acura (Honda)...all I can say is wow!..the feel of that VTEC kicking in at 6400 RPM..the handling..engine noise..

Im like you that I am lucky to have my truck as my daily so this is a weekend only car...if you are looking for something different, have you thought about the BRZ/FRS? I believe they are mid 20K's and RWD to boot...
I think the BRZ and clones need to be low 20's for me to be interested...you can get more power and AWD from a WRX for the same price, or more power and more style with the same attainable performance from a V6 Mustang or Camaro, more power and better performance out of a Genesis Coupe 2.0T...I'm not a fan...
Old 09-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #16
Army:
Thanks for all the replies on this thread! The bike would be pretty awesome! It would be great to blow the doors off of everyone, but I guess there's no need to go that fast anymore. I like the idea of the x being quick but not a ferarri. I like the civic comfort and spirited ride. More input from tw.members is appreciated keep it coming fellas thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #17
austinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to beholdaustinramsay is a splendid one to behold

Name: Austin
austinramsay's Tacoma Gallery
How are you getting bored when you have this??? I could do this all day if i had one haha. Just mod it and make it look nice! Maybe some suspension upgrades, new rims, exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OP2-...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj9YJKsrVzU
Old 09-30-2012, 04:04 PM   #18
Army:
Thanks again for all your opinions and the bike comment was hilarious! I do feel that this si is just not the same as the si and type r of yesteryear. I will definitely consider that s2000 idea. I remember a day when Honda use to tote horsepower per liter and build these incredible four bangers that were bulletproof, high revving and amazing. This current si is nice but just doesn't have that same dramatic effect as the older ones. I do enjoy the torque and power throughout the rev band, but it doesn't have the wow factor that they use to have. Some good points of my current civic is the aesthetics, it has all kinds of cool displays and the Bluetooth stuff. I love it in black, and the transmission shifts like butter! It is comfortable in case I do have additional passengers (vs xrunner). It is a sporty coupe and can give a spirited ride. On the other hand it seems like you guys are saying the x is not too fun either...I know the x runner has additional bracing and suspension modifications what do you guys think? What do you guys think about driving feel xrunner vs other sporty trucks? What are your impressions on your xrunners? Thanks!
Old 09-30-2012, 04:22 PM   #19
Project.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shedProject.paradigm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Project.paradigm's Tacoma Gallery
Personally i love the xrunner but i can't justify having 2 trucks. (at least not yet.) If i were in your shoes i'd be looking at the FRS. Rear wheel drive, light weight, cheaper than the Xrunner, lot's of aftermarket support and more to come. The Xrunner's do handle pretty good and some guys do autocross them, but they won't compare to the FRS. My opinion.