Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

painted X brace

Old 02-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
painted X brace

i got bored and have the mod bug so i decided to paint it the same color as my urd traction bar

stock

primer after sanding

drying after 3 coats primer, 3 coats paint, 3 coats of clear. and yes that shits drying in my guest bathroom lol. too cold outside

fully cured 24hrs later

installed

Old 02-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
More pics, from about 15 - 20 ft away? Looks nice
Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Nice.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
More pics, from about 15 - 20 ft away? Looks nice
forgot this one lol

Old 02-03-2013, 02:17 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I like it, subtle but a nice touch
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
cmoulton13 is on a distinguished road

Army: Armor Officer
cmoulton13's Tacoma Gallery
nice! I almost opted to get the xrunner... they look like so much fun to drive
Old 02-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #8
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch aka View Post
I'm a novice at X-Runners, so that is where the "x" comes from and this is the only way to get a five lugger with the 4.0?
I don't see the traction bars, can you ciccle or point a arrow at them.
BTW, I sort of like it, looks good.
yes this is where the x comes from. braces the frame and makes it much stiffer for cornering.

the tractin bar runs parallel to my driveshaft in the following picture. kinda hard to see in the light but its there lol

***edit***

heres a better picture. from the rear of the truck looking forward. rear diff is in the top left of the pic

Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks real good.