Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Help pricing out an X-Runner

Old 02-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
Quiks66 has a spectacular aura aboutQuiks66 has a spectacular aura about
Quiks66's Tacoma Gallery
Help pricing out an X-Runner

My daily driver was totalled yesterday when a woman made an illegal left-hand turn, was hit, then ran into me. Normally I'd hate to bother a forum with a topic like this, but who better to help price out an X-Runner that owners themseleves?

There is a clean-titled 2006 Blk X-Runner for sale locally for $13,800 at a private dealer. 61k miles, minor chips and nicks in the paint, repainted front bumper and lip (not happy about it), fairly clean interior (minor nicks inside), good tread left on tires. Only one previous owner, but no service records or warranty. Engine looked fine, fluids were full and color looked good but engine hadn't been cleaned in a while.

The private dealer bought it from the local Toyota dealer where it was a trade in. Didn't drive it today, but will if I go back to look again. What model-specific quirks should I be looking for?

Here's a link: http://www.carzoid.com/?s=80&details=1&l=13189

TIA
Old 02-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
The ideal situation is to get a local XR enthusiast to head to the dealer with you. That is a great price! Almost too good. If we can get a local XRU (www.xr-underground.com) member to head their with you, take it for a test drive they'll be able to tell you if there is anything wrong. XR owners tend to be very particular about their trucks.. that's why we got the X.

I'll post a thread on XRU to see about getting some other members to check out the truck with you.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #3
Quiks66's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
The ideal situation is to get a local XR enthusiast to head to the dealer with you. That is a great price! Almost too good. If we can get a local XRU (www.xr-underground.com) member to head their with you, take it for a test drive they'll be able to tell you if there is anything wrong. XR owners tend to be very particular about their trucks.. that's why we got the X.

I'll post a thread on XRU to see about getting some other members to check out the truck with you.
Very cool, thanks for any help you can give. I'm a die-hard Honda guy, but I chose the XR to be able to haul my race bike in the bed while still being sporty for around town. XR seems like the best of both worlds.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
Quiks66's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up picking up the truck this past week. Stoked on it. Thanks for trying to help out, XrunniT.