Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner to prerunner/4x4 height?

Old 06-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #41
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaco View Post
All done, Could not be happier with the results for how little this cost. I did all the work except wheels and tires.
My first thought is that it's a lifted 4cyl Access cab with a skewped hood and custom paint. It's kind of a sleeper that way, isn't it?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #42
aj hank is on a distinguished road

Name: AJ
aj hank's Tacoma Gallery
^that. Looks good, I never would have done all that work. Hopefully you're happy and it works out for ya
Old 06-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Nick
TastyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
My first thought is that it's a lifted 4cyl Access cab with a skewped hood and custom paint. It's kind of a sleeper that way, isn't it?
I wish it was a 4cyl at times, Well the V6 is nothing special for power it has much more power with the smaller tires but oh well all show no go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj hank View Post
^that. Looks good, I never would have done all that work. Hopefully you're happy and it works out for ya
Thanks! I ended up putting the lift (AAL and spacer) on my birthday. Front went on within 1 hour the rear was a different story. Trying to compress the leafs was not fun.

Thinking of a full front off road bumper or avid off road light bar and a 30" LED but I am undecided.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #45
TastyTaco will become famous soon enoughTastyTaco will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Nice. I think it looks Great. Do you notice any loss in power?
Yes, I have not been going crazy with it due to the tire shop busting some studs its going into another shop for stud repair and alignment for free.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Good job! How does it ride?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #47
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck op.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:22 PM   #48
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
Good job! How does it ride?
I am surprised on how well it rides, the kit came with rear shocks to accommodate the added height. Front is a little stiffer. Having more tire between the wheel sure helps alot with the ride too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
Good looking truck op.
Thanks!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #49
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you butcher an X-runner instead of buying a 4x4 in the first place???
Old 06-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Why would you butcher an X-runner instead of buying a Prerunner in the first place???
FIFY.

OP has already stated he rarely if ever uses 4x4 but that the xrunner was too low for his rocky roads.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Then why not buy an access cab prerunner. Same V6 and would've been way easier to work on....

Never the less, good job OP that's a truly original X runner lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #52
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Then why not buy an access cab prerunner. Same V6 and would've been way easier to work on....

Never the less, good job OP that's a truly original X runner lol.
Here is my old tacoma well new but old. I don't miss the payments at all. I also lifted this truck and added wheels and tires. Its much easier to buy a new truck than an old one unless its really cheap. 30+ for a 4x4 taco or 15 for an older one. Lifts were equally the same at installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
FIFY.

OP has already stated he rarely if ever uses 4x4 but that the xrunner was too low for his rocky roads.
This is true, I ride dirt bikes and drive gravel roads often. Plus I also ride in the sand now I can mess around in the truck with some low tire pressure.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #53
Toyotachris is on a distinguished road
Toyotachris's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks ok! Hows the MPG? My Prerunner averages 21-22 around town.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #54
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #55
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
^
Old 06-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #56
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Actually came out better than expected... could throw oem fender flares or bushwakers to fill the kit holes...
Old 07-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #57
I ended up just trading the truck in. So no more tacoma now. It was a good truck, ride was a little stiff but overall I still liked the outcome. I just needed back into the 4x4 game trying to load and unload boats/waverunners was a bit difficult on the beach haha.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #58
Hafa Adai!
tagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to beholdtagaman670 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: C-Tech
Name: joey
tagaman670's Tacoma Gallery
dang all that work and you ended up trading it in.. hope you got a decent trade in did the value drastically decline since it was an xrunner turned regular cab sr5? or did it hold up in value?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #59
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyTaco View Post
I ended up just trading the truck in. So no more tacoma now......... I just needed back into the 4x4 game trying to load and unload boats/waverunners...
Wait...no 4x4 Tacoma?

What did you end up with...?
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #60
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
I've noticed you like to spend money in the wrong places, and end up trading in for a loss.

Kind of like me. It's a shitty way to go, dude.