Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner Discontinued in 2014

Old 06-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #21
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Nah
They're actually pretty similar.

The Xtreme package has ZQ8 suspension (1.5 inch drop springs, rear sway bar, stiffer front sway bar, performance shocks, 16x8 rims), Xtreme specific rims wrapped in 235/55/16 rubber, ground effects, quick ratio steering box, and a body color grille.

Toyota did do a good thing in not offering a 4cyl or auto trans. option like Chevy did.
I read ZQ8 suspension several times but they never really broke it down and explained what it was, So I passed it up as just a lowered stance... However, I can't find any data on it's performance figures on anything but 0-60 and 1/4 mile times... While X-Runner's have comparisons against the 350Z and it's 0.90 Lateral G on a skid pad.

But I suppose, I was wrong and there is more similarity then I thought. However I find the X-Runner to be significantly better than the xtreme's.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #22
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
However I find the X-Runner to be significantly better than the xtreme's.
And you're probably right.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #23
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
I'm shocked it even lasted this long. I cant think of any trucks in the "sports truck" segment that have been a successful selling truck. An enthusiasts truck yes, but for sales never.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #24
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Having driven both an extreme and the xrunner the xrunner wins hands down but theres like a decade gap in technology soo..
Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #25
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
Having driven both an extreme and the xrunner the xrunner wins hands down but theres like a decade gap in technology soo..
2004-2012 Colorado Xtreme... Same ZQ8 suspension though.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #26
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Does that mean we can throw all the X-Runner owners off the forum now?
Old 06-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Does that mean we can throw all the X-Runner owners off the forum now?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #28
Broken968 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ron
Broken968's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 08 X-runner and the strongest aspect of this truck guys is, it handles unbelievably ! Corners like an acura integra and so predictable . Best handling stock truck I've ever driven
Old 08-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
I have a 08 X-runner and the strongest aspect of this truck guys is, it handles unbelievably ! Corners like an acura integra and so predictable . Best handling stock truck I've ever driven. The truck looks low but It can go up a curb without scraping anything so speed bumps are not an issue. My only issue would be the clutch
Old 08-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
sorry first post didn't mean to double up on you
Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #31
Xrunner Junkie
gunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
Name: John
gunner76137's Tacoma Gallery
The tranny in them sucks big time !!!!
And the reason they didn't sell that well is that lots of dealerships didn't even know from year to year if they were still being built. And after 08 I think they were pretty much special order only.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #32
Mainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMainmoe02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Moe
Mainmoe02's Tacoma Gallery
Chevy SS W/ 454 was a good sport truck, I think. That thing could move and pull/ carry anything. Wish I still had it, it held its value quite well.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #33
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
I think the lateral g number speaks for itself when talking about the performance aspect of this truck. It actually has a higher g number on a skid pad then an frs, which is highly acclaimed for its pure handling. Along with a strong motor, that we all know does and is capable of making plenty of power, this truck is a track contender with cars in its same weight class and smaller. I think just the fact that its a truck and not a sports car turns a lot of people off from it.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #34
75PSI or bust!
xmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxmadcowx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
xmadcowx's Tacoma Gallery
no one seems to remember the s-runner from 01-04. Not as flashy as the xr, but still a fun quick little truck.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken968 View Post
I have a 08 X-runner and the strongest aspect of this truck guys is, it handles unbelievably ! Corners like an acura integra and so predictable . Best handling stock truck I've ever driven. The truck looks low but It can go up a curb without scraping anything so speed bumps are not an issue. My only issue would be the clutch
I had a 90 Integra with H&R race springs, Tokico Illumina adjustable shocks/struts, Suspension techniques front&rear sway bars, Greddy front strut bar, Skunk2 lower tie bar, Sticky tires (don't remember the brand? [Azenis?])... The X-Runner handles significantly better. The X-Runner was aimed at the 350Z.

Does C.V California stand for Castro Valley?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #36
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Well depending on how you classify performance, the X-Runner is basically made to turn and look decent. It needs more brakes Larger fronts and how about DISCS in the rear), more power and better MPG considering it weighs only 3750ish. Toyota was a little too conservative overall I feel with the X-Runner and could have made it light years better with little expense.

A Cyclone will destroy a X-Runner even with the TRD blower in the 1/8 mile due to AWD.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #37
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmadcowx View Post
no one seems to remember the s-runner from 01-04. Not as flashy as the xr, but still a fun quick little truck.

I remember.. badass trucks

Old 08-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #38
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beondwacko View Post
Well depending on how you classify performance, the X-Runner is basically made to turn and look decent. It needs more brakes Larger fronts and how about DISCS in the rear), more power and better MPG considering it weighs only 3750ish. Toyota was a little too conservative overall I feel with the X-Runner and could have made it light years better with little expense.

A Cyclone will destroy a X-Runner even with the TRD blower in the 1/8 mile due to AWD.
I agree. But when was the last car that was factory Toyota built that was actually as badass as it shoulda been right off the showroom floor?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #39
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
The Syclone was sold for only one year, so it isn't a good example.

What's quicker, X-Runner with TRD supercharger or Syclone?
My $ would be on the Cyclone. Smaller, lighter and all wheel drive.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #40
beondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of lightbeondwacko is a glorious beacon of light

beondwacko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I agree. But when was the last car that was factory Toyota built that was actually as badass as it shoulda been right off the showroom floor?

Well the last generation Supra and MR2 Turbo come to mind. As well as the Turbo AWD Celica of the 1990's. In terms of just performance, Toyota hasn't lost their way, they are just too busy building Camry's and SUV's. As for the comment that someone said about the FR-S,,,, that car is meant to drift, not handle and stick. That's why it's equipped with narrow tires off of a Prius. Doubt it?? Look it up.

BTW,,, look up the performance specs of even the new Camry with a V-6. It's quicker than the X-runner is stock for stock.