Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner Discontinued in 2014

Old 08-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #41
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beondwacko View Post
Well the last generation Supra and MR2 Turbo come to mind. As well as the Turbo AWD Celica of the 1990's. In terms of just performance, Toyota hasn't lost their way, they are just too busy building Camry's and SUV's. As for the comment that someone said about the FR-S,,,, that car is meant to drift, not handle and stick. That's why it's equipped with narrow tires off of a Prius. Doubt it?? Look it up.

BTW,,, look up the performance specs of even the new Camry with a V-6. It's quicker than the X-runner is stock for stock.
That's what I'm saying about the last performance car. That was over a decade ago. And yes a frs does have the same Michelin tires as a prius but the car was not built to drift. If that were the case it would've come with at least a greater steering angle and a real lsd. The car was built to drive. There are way more people autocrossing these cars then drifting them (although those are my intentions). And as for the Camry being quicker ...... Quicker doesn't make a car handle good. Chassis, weight distribution, center of gravity, suspension, diffs, and tires make a car handle good. That was what the xrunner was geared more towards was handling. Power falls behind all these things when it comes to tracking a car/truck.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #42
Xrunner Junkie
gunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgunner76137 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
Name: John
gunner76137's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but I can tell you all though the X is made to corner well my Xrunner does not corner near as well as my wife FRS.
Of course the wheel base is about double as that on the FRS
Old 08-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #43
Patch is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
Patch's Tacoma Gallery
Go figure I just bought one and now they discontinue them....lol
Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 PM   #44
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I was surprise when I got out of the truck after doing my process and was walking to the next truck, looked back at the tacoma to verify my process AND THEN I SAW IT. The sun shining down threw the clouds on the one thing to say its a true xrunner, THE MIGHTY X-BRACE. LOL
Thats when I realize it was a 2014 XRUNNER.
I guess it isn't discontinued after all.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 AM   #45
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
I guess it isn't discontinued after all.
Hmmmmmmmmm. Could be good! My local dealership has a 07 on the lot right now. I went to test drive a frs and we had to drive to the back lot and went outside to hop in a car and there was the xrunner. So of coarse I told him that I needed to drive it instead of whatever else we were gonna take. Truck had some Pirelli street slick looking tires on it too. Those aren't stock are they?
Old 08-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #46
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Truck had some Pirelli street slick looking tires on it too. Those aren't stock are they?
lol... No, Interesting. I wonder if it's Supercharged and what other mods it may have... Stock tires are some crappy birdgestones.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #47
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
lol... No, Interesting. I wonder if it's Supercharged and what other mods it may have... Stock tires are some crappy birdgestones.
What is Toyota deal with shitty factory tires!? Haha and idk, I didn't pop the hood and I didn't floor it through the parking lot but it had street slicks all the way around on the stock rims. Looked like it just came from the track
Old 09-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #48
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
the S runner was a bigger loss.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
lamia2super will become famous soon enough

Name: Frank
lamia2super's Tacoma Gallery
first xrunner i drove i bought it. i didn't want another truck and another car wasn't practical for me so the xrunner being something in the middle suited me perfectly.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #50

Patch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
first xrunner i drove i bought it. i didn't want another truck and another car wasn't practical for me so the xrunner being something in the middle suited me perfectly.

I love my X-Runner as well. Bought it the same day I test drove it.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #52
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
I think everyone in Hawaii died a lil inside
Toyotas in general are big here and Xrunners are sold off the lot quick most of the time you gotta order em rarely do they have one on the lot available and if they do they are sold quick but Hawaii can buy em all so I can see why they gonna stop production

It will be sad but I hope they plan to make a different performance truck

Agreed it be better if they had better power plant option instead of only coming in stick
If they came from factory with some boost of larger motor I think it be great

Gotta wait and see
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #53

Patch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Is that pink on your rims?
They sure look pink don't they. Actually they are red...or were red. Faded over some time i guess. They were like that when i bought the truck and just haven't pulled them off and repainted them. Going to repaint then and match the trucks color.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 AM   #54
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
They sure look pink don't they. Actually they are red...or were red. Faded over some time i guess. They were like that when i bought the truck and just haven't pulled them off and repainted them. Going to repaint then and match the trucks color.
I mean, the pink is cool. I'm not hatin. Lol but yeah blue will look good
Old 10-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #55
RIKDRT1 will become famous soon enough
RIKDRT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Fixed

The AWD one...
so agree, AWD and new facelift on the entire truck line already !
17Mpg isn't cool in 2014. was ok in 2005.