Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

X-Runner Discontinued in 2014

Old 06-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner Discontinued in 2014

If you want one, 2013 is the final year of X-Runner production.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2013/06...es-needed.html
Old 06-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
"For now, we'll keep our fingers crossed for an all-new 2014 Tundra adventure truck."
lol wut
Old 06-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Can't blame them, if its not selling well why sell it? It is a shame though, if they are going to make a street truck, at least deck it out with a performance engine like GM did with the Cyclone.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Not much will change around me. There weren't a lot of those around to begin with.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
The Syclone was sold for only one year, so it isn't a good example.

What's quicker, X-Runner with TRD supercharger or Syclone?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

Considering there are how many years between them and you still need to give the Tacoma the $5k supercharger option to make it compete should tell you something...
Old 06-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #8
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The Syclone was sold for only two years, so it isn't a good example.

Fixed

The AWD one...
Old 06-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
My spoon is too Big!
xJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shedxJuice is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
^^

Am I wrong?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
as a fan of the xrunner and an x-owner (pun intended >=)), ill be sad to see them go. definately the nicest street truck on the road.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
got 5VZFE?

Quote:

True, but I mentioned it because it is badass. I don't even care for GM too much.

I like the X-runner but I don't recall ever seeing one in person.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #14
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
I don't see a lot of X-Runners around, but still, that sucks all the same. :P It's definitely one of the best looking street trucks out there.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
^^

Am I wrong?

One of my all time favs!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:00 AM   #16
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I would relate the X-runner more closely with the S-10 Xtreme... IMO neither were truly great examples of what a sport truck should be. They weren't bad. Just not great either.
I completely disagree... The Xtreme was all cosmetics, The X-Runner gets a specific "sports" suspension, 6 speed only, and different gearing (although not sure if thats a good thing).

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...Chevy%20Xtreme

From factory, I don't put it in any similar league to any other truck out there... It's not only cosmetic's so it's not like an xtreme, but it doesn't go any faster in a straight line compared to other trucks so it's not like the SVT lightning or Ram SRT10. I don't think any company made a truck built to take turns like a "sports car".

http://www.canadafreepress.com/car-r...ma-xrunner.htm

http://voices.yahoo.com/toyota-tacom...view-2586.html

Xtreme
http://www.pickuptrucks.com/html/rev...me/xtreme.html

"The Xtreme Sport Appearance Package"
http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...s10-xtreme.jsp

Meow... I'm not exactly sad to see the X-Runner go out of production, They had a good 8 year run and in comparison to how many other model Tacoma's I see compared to other X-Runners its clear it's sales figures are pretty low and us owners cannot say we didn't see this coming, Every year we always hear that "this will be the last year of the X-Runner", I remember hearing that the X-Runner would stop in 2009, 2010 and 2011 through out the years.

The 2nd generation Tacoma all together is very out dated in comparison to modern technology... Full size trucks get better gas mileage and have significantly more power in the same price range for Taco's.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #17
My spoon is too Big!

xJuice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
I completely disagree... The Xtreme was all cosmetics, The X-Runner gets a specific "sports" suspension, 6 speed only, and different gearing (although not sure if thats a good thing).
Nah
They're actually pretty similar.

The Xtreme package has ZQ8 suspension (1.5 inch drop springs, rear sway bar, stiffer front sway bar, performance shocks, 16x8 rims), Xtreme specific rims wrapped in 235/55/16 rubber, ground effects, quick ratio steering box, and a body color grille.

Toyota did do a good thing in not offering a 4cyl or auto trans. option like Chevy did.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
bzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the roughbzzr2 is a jewel in the rough
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
i owned an s10 extreme, in the reg cab config, it was a really nice little cruising truck, the split bench was light years ahead of the crap for a seat i have in my tacoma. however the tacoma being 4x4 and lifted just goes so many more places, including parking lots without hitting the damn front plastic on speed bumps. i wouldn't have one again, nor the xrunner, when it comes to a truck these things are pretty useless imo other than looking kinda cool
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #19
Swimmerboy2112 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
Swimmerboy2112's Tacoma Gallery
That's a shame, I like the X-Runner, really nice truck. But I do see thier point in discontinuing it.

I do like this statement though!

"A spokesman for Toyota said it's likely to offer more "adventure-themed" vehicles in the future..."
Old 06-24-2013, 06:27 AM   #20
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
RIP