Notices

TRD Big Brake Kit

Old 08-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
Shaunk23 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Electronic Warfare Technician
Name: Shaun
Shaunk23's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Big Brake Kit

I am at the point where I need to replace my rotors and pads. I am having trouble figuring out if you can buy rotors other than the TRD ones. Any help would be wonderful!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
mortifer is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
mortifer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunk23 View Post
I am at the point where I need to replace my rotors and pads. I am having trouble figuring out if you can buy rotors other than the TRD ones. Any help would be wonderful!
Make sure you purchase the correct size.
My TRD BBK is 332x32. I purchased these and swapped them out, it was easy. I'd recommend new brake fluid too, make sure you bleed both sides of each caliper properly to get new fluid throughout.

http://www.racingbrake.com/Rotor-Rings-s/3262.htm

and the pads my BBK uses are ST-40
http://www.racingbrake.com/SearchRes...nsive_Search=Y
Old 08-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Someone is selling a set of the shoes for the TRD BBK for an XR in the BST section, then all you would need is the calipers.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Someone is selling a set of the shoes for the TRD BBK for an XR in the BST section, then all you would need is the calipers.
The BBK does not use shoes, it is a disk brake, as is all Tacoma front ends.

He should already have calipers for his BBK, I read his post as he needs rotors and pads.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #5
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortifer View Post
The BBK does not use shoes, it is a disk brake, as is all Tacoma front ends.

He should already have calipers for his BBK, I read his post as he needs rotors and pads.
I think he just used the word shoes a little too loosely.

Hey, You're from SJ... Why don't you ever go to any X-Runner'ish events?
Old 08-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #6
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Shoes, calipers, toMAYto, toMOTto.. idk how else to word that.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWithCamera View Post
I think he just used the word shoes a little too loosely.

Hey, You're from SJ... Why don't you ever go to any X-Runner'ish events?
I keep meaning too, is there anything planned for the future?
Old 08-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #8
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortifer View Post
I keep meaning too, is there anything planned for the future?
Not to my knowledge.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #9
Shaunk23 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Electronic Warfare Technician
Name: Shaun
Shaunk23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot, I have never found just the rotor rings. That saves a lot of money. It seemed like I was going to be buying the entire rotor.