1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X-Runner Ride

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by Patch, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    Patch

Patch [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northwest Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 X-Runner TRD Sport
    Just got it so not much. DrifZ Rims.
    I an new to toyota and to the Xrunner. What I am wondering is about the ride. I know that the suspension is stiff on the truck and it has a X brace on the rear end and Bilstein shocks. When I bought it i figured the ride would be stiff but it reall feels like I am bouncing down the road. Even when I think the roads are new and smooth it still bouncing away. The tires are in good shape and do not have any problems. Although I have not check the Balance on them yet. Just wanted to see if this is just how the X-Runner rides or if I might have a small problem somewhere. Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

2. Aug 13, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Start with the simple things first like tire pressure cause the previous owner might have overfilled them. I figure since its a race type truck that the stiff suspension is normal but I've never ridden in an X-runner before so I have no room for comparison.

3. Aug 14, 2013 at 1:30 AM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    Unfortunately it's pretty normal, I bump and bounce around going down the road and felt it in just about every non bagged X-Runner I've been in.

Because our truck is lower than a regular Tacoma they had to make the rear end stiff to keep it from bottoming out and so that we can still carry heavy stuff in the bed... If this is your first sports oriented vehicle it will take some time to get adjusted to it but once you do you don't really notice it anymore until you get into a regular car/truck.

I have a base 07 Impala LS and every time I drive it after being in the X-Runner constantly it feels like i'm driving a cloud and it feels so numb it doesn't feel like i'm really driving.

4. Aug 14, 2013 at 2:54 AM
    Patch

Patch [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northwest Florida
    Vehicle:
    11 X-Runner TRD Sport
    Just got it so not much. DrifZ Rims.
    Thanks for the info GuyWithCamera. I figured as much but just wanted to be sure. Didn't want to go spend money on tying to figure out a problem that does not exist.

Products Discussed in

To Top