Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

right rear wheel sticks out of fender by 3 inches

Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiszr View Post
No. Thanks I'll check that out. But of that's the case on a truck with 30k I'm going to be pissed.
Mine only had 33,000 on it when we discovered the problem
Old 10-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #22
seymour butts
xgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxgalvanxgx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gerardo
xgalvanxgx's Tacoma Gallery
hmm didnt know this was common on a lot of tacos. mine sticks out too. took it to toyota one time and they told me the bed was misaligned.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #23
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I was completely unaware and I've had this truck for almost 3 years and 40k miles.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
cruiszr is on a distinguished road
Name: ken
cruiszr's Tacoma Gallery
thanks everyone for all ur in put. so today i dropped off my truck for the day with the dealer due to a toyota rep coming into look at issue. and here is what all was checked and done according to invoice.
customer states diff off to pass side
no abnormal condition found
center bed on frame / vehicle inspected by fts
sg fts checked alignment,drive line,suspension.
fts contacted engineering dept with results.
per engineering no repair needed at this time.
side note design dept said the rear end is shifted for torq purposes on the smaller 4.0L trucks.......
im still blown away and so pissed my truck looks so stupid to me and they cant fix it what do i do now try unbolting rear end myself and retorq
Old 10-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
I would think you could loosen the U bolts and shift the center pin within the mounting pad as much as possible. Here's how you would know if it's 'factory'.

Measure from a common place on both sides such as the flange where the brake dust plate mounts. Measure from here....to the center of the pad where the leaf spring sits,.....on both sides.

If there is a difference in that measurement, then you know where you're problem lies. If it's the same, then something else is out of whack. If possible, find another x runner in your area and compare measurements. I find it hard to believe Toyota would have that much of a difference on purpose.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #26
2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of2ndchancetoyotas has much to be proud of
Name: Greg
2ndchancetoyotas's Tacoma Gallery
Was this issue ever resolved?
Old 11-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #27
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is the same way. It's less noticeable now that I'm lowered, but it's still there. Took this pic around 25k miles....now at 75k.

Left side

Right

Old 11-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
Drop it Drop it Low
Dmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedDmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Branden
Dmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
if the 05+ are anything like the 95-04, your bed will be mounted to one side. You can see it where the box and cab meet, it'll stick out on one side.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #29
IrunnIt is on a distinguished road
IrunnIt's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed this on my 05 XR after I went DJM and put wider wheels on it. I loosen the 6 hex bolts that hold the bed and realigned it. It isn't as noticeble but its still not perfect.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #30
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Mine does the same, front and rear!!
Old 03-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #31
Redline is on a distinguished road

Redline's Tacoma Gallery
I dont even want to go outside and look at mine