Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

New to forum. X runner improvements?

Old 11-12-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Gareth is on a distinguished road
Gareth's Tacoma Gallery
Lightbulb New to forum. X runner improvements?

I want to get at least 300hp out of my x runner without using forced induction and without making the truck a money pit. I have tried to find camshafts that can give me more power but i don't know where to look and i don't know what other engine upgrades might be necessary after putting in the cam's. any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
UCON Engine Managment
URD True Cold Air Intake
URD Exhaust
URD Y-Pipe
Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
And then this stuff:
http://ttcperformanceproducts.com/toyotaxrunner.html

After spending that much, you might as well go with a TRD supercharger and accomplish the same power.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Gareth's Tacoma Gallery
ya i have the short throw shifter from their site. do the headers and exhaust really do that much? i have a buddy with the headers and his truck makes a really bad rattling noise when he lets off the gas.. also i am wondering if there is an active hood scoop kit of some sort i can get. im not a big fan of having a ricey scoop on the truck. thanks for your input (by the way your truck looks sick!)
Old 11-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
If your not already on this site check out xr-underground.com
Old 11-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJakeTheSnake View Post
If your not already on this site check out xr-underground.com
X2 hang on to your wallet though lol
Old 11-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
ya i have the short throw shifter from their site. do the headers and exhaust really do that much? i have a buddy with the headers and his truck makes a really bad rattling noise when he lets off the gas.. also i am wondering if there is an active hood scoop kit of some sort i can get. im not a big fan of having a ricey scoop on the truck. thanks for your input (by the way your truck looks sick!)
Thanks. The scoop is in a low pressure zone on the hood. Having an "active" hood scoop would actually draw air out of the engine bay and just get your engine dirty.

If you want 300 hp, the easiest, cheapest, and most reliable way to do it would be to get a TRD supercharger.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
lamia2super will become famous soon enough

Name: Frank
lamia2super's Tacoma Gallery
nitrous is cheap lol
Old 11-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #9
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
nitrous is cheap lol
That's why I threw in there "reliable".
Old 11-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #10
Gareth's Tacoma Gallery
so how much is one of these engine management (ecu) cost? and how well do they work? i have heard they burn out your motor.
Old 12-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Torspd has a pretty good guide for NA power gains,

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...os-w-mods.html
Old 12-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #13
Gadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shedGadget@URD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gadget@URD's Tacoma Gallery
URD can help you get TRD Supercharger like power, without the TRD supercharger:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/und...r-package.html

G