Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Supercharger at 90k miles!?

View Poll Results: Supercharge My 07 Tacoma w/ 90K miles
YES! 60 89.55%
No 7 10.45%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2014, 08:42 PM   #21
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beondwacko View Post
I'd suggest a compression test first followed by a good injector cleaning.
All the injectors will be replaced with larger ones. I would do it with those miles. I have over 140k with my SC and I had around 60k before I did it.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCaptnPhD View Post
Just outa curiosity, how long did the install take you? Toyota just charged me for 18hrs on mine.
Holy hell 18 hours at $90 something an hour?!?!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #23
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Do it
Old 02-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #24
DrCaptnPhD is on a distinguished road

DrCaptnPhD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Holy hell 18 hours at $90 something an hour?!?!
Yea it was pretty pricey. Came out to $1886.xx. They originally quoted me 15hrs. The truck was there for a complete week and it ended taking them an extra 3 hrs because they said they had to work around the body lift. That was only after they called me after 3 days to tell me they couldn't do it cause some things didn't fit. I believe it was the intercooler lines came up short or something. They wanted to remove the lift. I told them it would be a lot easier to just cut the line and extend it, so that's what they did. But they obviously didn't have much experience installing them if it took that long. They said it was only their 3rd one they've installed there.

The supercharger and fit kit was like $4200 after tax. So came out to almost $6100 before it was all said and done.
Old 02-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #25
DrCaptnPhD is on a distinguished road

DrCaptnPhD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerez View Post
good time...truck is barely breaking in
Just checked out your truck. Looks pretty sick. I know im getting off topic of the thread here but... Question- how did you go about installing the entune? I've got a 12 and toyoya told me its impossible to swap the standard radio for the entune.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #26
Blondziegbart is on a distinguished road
Blondziegbart's Tacoma Gallery
Funny, just TRD supercharged mine at 93K miles. 500 miles later, thus far, nothing's blown up. A well-regarded dealer in Seattle metro did the whole thing, at a competitive price both on the unit and labor. They've done many before, I wasn't on their learning curve. Doubtful anything will explode prematurely. My stock engine hasn't given the slightest hint of trouble to-date (knock on wood).

Another dealer I enquired with did not inspire same level of confidence in their abilities. I didn't want anyone clowning around in my installation for "a week" claiming "parts don't fit" or other amateur-hour. Took these guys a bit less than three days in the shop, 12 hours labor, which to be sure seems to be maybe 4 more than some on this thread suggest it "should" take.

Definitely liking the extra hp and torque. Not tremendous, but "nice". I have the distinct impression (non-scientific; just a feeling) that the stock 4.0 V-6 wasn't working very hard and that they "should have" included the TRD supercharger on it stock anyway. We shall see where I go from here, in terms of mods.

I'm intending to run my X-Runner until the wheels fall off. 7 1/2 years from bought-new right off the lot, it is a fabulous truck in 1,001 ways. Regular, though not obsessive, maintenance has served me well.

We shall see. I don't drive it abusively.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #27
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondziegbart View Post
Funny, just TRD supercharged mine at 93K miles. 500 miles later, thus far, nothing's blown up. A well-regarded dealer in Seattle metro did the whole thing, at a competitive price both on the unit and labor. They've done many before, I wasn't on their learning curve. Doubtful anything will explode prematurely. My stock engine hasn't given the slightest hint of trouble to-date (knock on wood).

Another dealer I enquired with did not inspire same level of confidence in their abilities. I didn't want anyone clowning around in my installation for "a week" claiming "parts don't fit" or other amateur-hour. Took these guys a bit less than three days in the shop, 12 hours labor, which to be sure seems to be maybe 4 more than some on this thread suggest it "should" take.

Definitely liking the extra hp and torque. Not tremendous, but "nice". I have the distinct impression (non-scientific; just a feeling) that the stock 4.0 V-6 wasn't working very hard and that they "should have" included the TRD supercharger on it stock anyway. We shall see where I go from here, in terms of mods.

I'm intending to run my X-Runner until the wheels fall off. 7 1/2 years from bought-new right off the lot, it is a fabulous truck in 1,001 ways. Regular, though not obsessive, maintenance has served me well.

We shall see. I don't drive it abusively.
I'm running 9lbs through mine and have been for a few years and i drive it hard and other then regular maintenance issues have been trouble free