1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Supercharger at 90k miles!?

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by Trev407, Feb 6, 2014.

?

Supercharge My 07 Tacoma w/ 90K miles

Poll closed May 7, 2014.
  1. YES!

60 vote(s)
    89.6%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  1. Feb 13, 2014 at 8:42 PM
    amain

amain Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Anacortes, Washington USA
    Vehicle:
    07 SC TRD FJ - The Black Lemon
    Fender Cracks
    All the injectors will be replaced with larger ones. I would do it with those miles. I have over 140k with my SC and I had around 60k before I did it.

2. Feb 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM
    Who Dat Popcorn

Who Dat Popcorn Dafuq

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Sold :/
    SOLD
    Holy hell 18 hours at $90 something an hour?!?!

3. Feb 18, 2014 at 2:08 PM
    brny67

brny67 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Moyock NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport A/C
    Do it

4. Feb 19, 2014 at 5:40 AM
    DrCaptnPhD

DrCaptnPhD Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TX Baja
    Baja Package, 295/75R16's on TRD beadlocks, 3" performance accessories body lift, 3" pro comp suspension lift, TRD CAI, TRD supercharger, black leather Katzkin heated seats, extang tonneau cover, pillar pod w/ boost and AFR gauge.
    Yea it was pretty pricey. Came out to $1886.xx. They originally quoted me 15hrs. The truck was there for a complete week and it ended taking them an extra 3 hrs because they said they had to work around the body lift. That was only after they called me after 3 days to tell me they couldn't do it cause some things didn't fit. I believe it was the intercooler lines came up short or something. They wanted to remove the lift. I told them it would be a lot easier to just cut the line and extend it, so that's what they did. But they obviously didn't have much experience installing them if it took that long. They said it was only their 3rd one they've installed there.

The supercharger and fit kit was like $4200 after tax. So came out to almost $6100 before it was all said and done.

5. Feb 19, 2014 at 5:56 AM
    DrCaptnPhD

DrCaptnPhD Member

Member:
    CT
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma TX Baja
    Baja Package, 295/75R16's on TRD beadlocks, 3" performance accessories body lift, 3" pro comp suspension lift, TRD CAI, TRD supercharger, black leather Katzkin heated seats, extang tonneau cover, pillar pod w/ boost and AFR gauge.
    Just checked out your truck. Looks pretty sick. I know im getting off topic of the thread here but... Question- how did you go about installing the entune? I've got a 12 and toyoya told me its impossible to swap the standard radio for the entune.

6. May 5, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    Blondziegbart

Blondziegbart Member

Member:
    Kirkland WA USA
    Vehicle:
    Murdered-out
    TRD Supercharger, 20x8.5 KMC wheels
    Funny, just TRD supercharged mine at 93K miles. 500 miles later, thus far, nothing's blown up. A well-regarded dealer in Seattle metro did the whole thing, at a competitive price both on the unit and labor. They've done many before, I wasn't on their learning curve. Doubtful anything will explode prematurely. My stock engine hasn't given the slightest hint of trouble to-date (knock on wood).

Another dealer I enquired with did not inspire same level of confidence in their abilities. I didn't want anyone clowning around in my installation for "a week" claiming "parts don't fit" or other amateur-hour. Took these guys a bit less than three days in the shop, 12 hours labor, which to be sure seems to be maybe 4 more than some on this thread suggest it "should" take.

Definitely liking the extra hp and torque. Not tremendous, but "nice". I have the distinct impression (non-scientific; just a feeling) that the stock 4.0 V-6 wasn't working very hard and that they "should have" included the TRD supercharger on it stock anyway. We shall see where I go from here, in terms of mods.

I'm intending to run my X-Runner until the wheels fall off. 7 1/2 years from bought-new right off the lot, it is a fabulous truck in 1,001 ways. Regular, though not obsessive, maintenance has served me well.

We shall see. I don't drive it abusively.

7. May 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM
    Darthyota

Darthyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Blown BSP X-Runner
    TRD s/c @ 9lbs, Unobtanium Welding 321SS Full Race Exhaust, B&M s/s, TRD 1st Gen CAI, sittin sic track ready drop, TSW Tanka's with 275/40/18's all the way around, 4300k hid's in headlights and fogs, with more to come
    I'm running 9lbs through mine and have been for a few years and i drive it hard and other then regular maintenance issues have been trouble free

Products Discussed in

To Top