Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

xrunner and prerunner gears?

Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #21
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevhogaz View Post
I'll still help you swap out the 3rd members if you want. Shouldn't take but about 30-40 minutes, and I've got the gear lube on hand.
Appreciate the thought, though i don't have the 3rd member yet. Let you know when i do...i'm understanding that a 3.58 swap is possible whithout the 3rd member housing and more suitable for day to day driving....i might do that, don't know yet. Just gathering info from the mechanicaly enclined as of yet...
Old 07-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #22
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
If you're looking at the axle from the front, as in the driveshaft flange is facing you, it's easy to spot a diff lock. On the upper right hand side of the 3rd member, there will be a large chunk of steel, bolted to the 3rd member.

Is the axle on craigslist or somewhere we can see it? I'll be able to tell in about 2 seconds if it's got one.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #23
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
a 3rd member from a e-locker diff will look very different.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 PM   #24
Low Speed, High Drag
kevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shedkevhogaz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kevhogaz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZsand View Post
Appreciate the thought, though i don't have the 3rd member yet. Let you know when i do...i'm understanding that a 3.58 swap is possible whithout the 3rd member housing and more suitable for day to day driving....i might do that, don't know yet. Just gathering info from the mechanicaly enclined as of yet...

So you're gonna do a ring and pinion swap? That's way more involved, and time consuming than just swapping out the 3rd member.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #25
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
i wouldnt go more then 3.58s for a truck that sees DD use. and staying with 3.58s will allow you to just do the ring and pinion swap.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #26
AZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud ofAZsand has much to be proud of
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, but you can't see shit in the pic and by the spelling of the add it looks like i'm gonna have a hard time talking to this guy too ... in english
Old 07-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #27
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
a 3rd member from a e-locker diff will look very different.
Since i've seen neither before...."different" would be all the same to me
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #28
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i wouldnt go more then 3.58s for a truck that sees DD use. and staying with 3.58s will allow you to just do the ring and pinion swap.
Any ideea about cost ?...considering the alternative..
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #29
i think stock gear sets from the dealer are around 500-600 bucks.

e-locker diff looks like this

Old 07-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #30
AZsand's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i think stock gear sets from the dealer are around 500-600 bucks.

e-locker diff looks like this

I really apreciate all the help.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #31
Nemesis_5.0 is on a distinguished road

Nemesis_5.0's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys what goes here, or what went here?

Old 07-28-2010, 01:19 PM   #32
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis_5.0 View Post
Hey guys what goes here, or what went here?

Diff breather.