Notices

Quickest x-runner time

Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
1slowtaco is on a distinguished road
1slowtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quickest x-runner time

who has the quickest times in a x-runner
Old 08-20-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Uhhh 12.9 in a twin turbo xrunner is the best I know of right now. Xrunnit is running 13.38
Old 08-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #3
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
13.38 is still really fast especially in a truck
Old 08-21-2009, 05:11 AM   #4
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
and that was with a trd supercharger and minimal mods, he should be in the trucks easy this year. power is not the issue in our trucks, its traction from a stop. A lot of guys are to scared to runs slicks or launch hard on stock parts.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
Uhhh 12.9 in a twin turbo xrunner is the best I know of right now. Xrunnit is running 13.38
that doesnt seem to fast for having twin turbos. is it not set up right or maxed out?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
that doesnt seem to fast for having twin turbos. is it not set up right or maxed out?
I'm guessing traction issues or maybe something with the clutch.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
heylookatthatblackXRunner will become famous soon enoughheylookatthatblackXRunner will become famous soon enough

Name: Philip
heylookatthatblackXRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I hear these motors can't handle too much boost either, so twin turbo dude is probably at a point where he doesn't want to risk blowing up...
Old 08-21-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
what psi are you guys running to get those times? are you running any methanol injections with it?
Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
he's running twin t28 turbos, on 7psi. he makes well over 400hp and tq, and was on a stick clutch. stock clutch doesnt really like to hold more than 350.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
I'm guessing traction issues or maybe something with the clutch.
traction wasnt to bad, he was on slicks/drag radials, but his clutch did bite the dust that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
what psi are you guys running to get those times? are you running any methanol injections with it?
the TT was running 7psi, and im not sure what psi Justin/Xrunnit was running on his TRD s/c to get 13.3.

Only one person I know of running meth, and I havent seen him around very much anymore.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:07 PM   #10
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Only one person I know of running meth, and I havent seen him around very much anymore.

Would that be XRobber ?. I know he blew it up, but he was the only one i knew of
Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #11
//TRD
XR-Ace will become famous soon enough

XR-Ace's Tacoma Gallery
i run high 10's low 11's..
Old 08-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
Would that be XRobber ?. I know he blew it up, but he was the only one i knew of

Spyder is running a meth kit on his truck.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #13
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
how exactlly does the concept of the meth injection work? i know the basic peramiters of the design but the actual, way it works is beyond me. anybody care to explain that?
Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
its similar to nitrous. its made to make the incoming intake charge more dense to allow for better complete combustion.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937176

"The production of more power by a water/meth injected engine is not a by-product of the water/meth mixture alone. You must tune for it to get the most out of it. The evaporative effects of the water/meth mixture, plus the octane boost, allows you to run more advanced timing, and boost, thus increasing power. Methanol having the octane boosting effect, you can adjust your AFR's with tuning, and be able to run the same AFR as a pump gas tune with less fuel added to the fuel map of your engine managment. When the system is spraying, methanol is making up for the fuel that gets taken away during the tuning process. You end up with about same 12.5:1 or so AFR with less pump gas added, you also increase knock resistance, and due to the octane boosting effect, you can add timing and boost to make more power safely."
Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #15
Jotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to beholdJotun is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2ID
Jotun's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
its similar to nitrous. its made to make the incoming intake charge more dense to allow for better complete combustion.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=937176

"The production of more power by a water/meth injected engine is not a by-product of the water/meth mixture alone. You must tune for it to get the most out of it. The evaporative effects of the water/meth mixture, plus the octane boost, allows you to run more advanced timing, and boost, thus increasing power. Methanol having the octane boosting effect, you can adjust your AFR's with tuning, and be able to run the same AFR as a pump gas tune with less fuel added to the fuel map of your engine managment. When the system is spraying, methanol is making up for the fuel that gets taken away during the tuning process. You end up with about same 12.5:1 or so AFR with less pump gas added, you also increase knock resistance, and due to the octane boosting effect, you can add timing and boost to make more power safely."

Exactly we have been using it with Evo's for a while now. You can actually run way more boost safely. To me its a must for any FI engine.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 AM   #16
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
We'll see what kind of times I get when I hit Atco Raceway in the spring. By then I should have a URD track bar and a 7th injector. So far I've got 7.5psi with the TRD blower,X-1,2.8" pulley and 668cc injectors.

Maybe I'll get into a NST s/c overdrive kit in the future? 1st gear is a joke with only half throttle and 2nd is not much far behind.

I'm sure anyone running more then 7psi is having MAJOR traction issues
Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
you guys having traction issues need to look for new tires. obviously 20s with low pros may look good, but they are the worse thing for good traction. you want to keep the power on the ground, go with a smaller wheel, larger sidewall, and a better compound.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:44 PM   #18
Reign in Blood
GodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of lightGodHatesUsAll is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: F-15 Crew Chief
Name: Satan
GodHatesUsAll's Tacoma Gallery
No Homie rims here, just 255/45ZR18 Nitto Invos on my truck. I don't believe in those big rims. Some day I'd like to do a staggered 9.5 front and 10.5 rears in 18's of course

the problem is power Chris, too much with too little weight in the BUTT
Old 12-31-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
That, and very poor weigh transfer. The truck was designed for handling in mind, and good cornering performance goes against good launching performance.

Unfortunately we can't have both at the same time.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:34 PM   #20
well adding the urd bar, and moving weight from the front to the back is where you start to pick up the needed traction. I moved the battery to the rear of the truck, above the exhaust where it exits the side. removed the giant windshield washer fluid reservoir and installed a smaller one behind the abs box on the passenger side fender well. removing overall weight helps, but it also helps more to move the weight off the front, and to the rear. Another big help would be getting a fuel cell and mounting it in the bed, or removing the spare tire and mounting it up there.