1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

09 SAT Antenna

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by EROD, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Oct 30, 2009 at 10:06 PM
    EROD

EROD [OP] New Member

Member:
    Harker Heights, TX
    Hey all, new guy here. Just got my hands on an '07 Blue X-runner. My other car is an '09 C63 AMG MB so I spent quite some time looking for the perfect daily driver truck to compliment my MB and came upon this X-Runner with only 25K on the clock. Loving it so far!!! Now everytime I hop back into the MB for a weekend ride, I miss the left foot action (the MB is 7-speed AUTO) but that memory is quickly erased by the rightfoot action on the MB :D ...

But anyways, the truck came with an aftermarket Pioneer AVIC-D3 HU with iPOD adapter, Bluetooth adapter, and satellite radio. It originally had the GPS and satellite antenna mounted on the roof with the wire running in through the rear window. It look horrendous so I rerouted the wires and placed the antennas inside under the windshield. The GPS works great but the SAT antenna receives no signal there. I called Sirius and they said it's because of the glass and that they recommend only rooftop placements. Well,the other day I saw another X-Runner and it had a sharkfin type antenna color matched to the truck. Quick research and I found that the 09+ models now come with the sharkfin antenna and pre-wiring for the SAT radio.
    SOOO, my question is: Does anyone know the part number for the stock 09+ sharkfin antenna (the actual antenna, not the fit kit used to connect the stock antenna to a stock HU)? Local dealer looked at me like I had a d**k growing out of my forehead when I asked and was more interested in selling me the $400+ toyota SAT radio kit. Thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

2. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:50 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    This antenna comes stock on all of the 2009-2010 tacomas, not just the x-runners, so you may get more of a response in the 2nd gen forum.

Sorry I don't know the part #

Products Discussed in

To Top