Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Blower for 4.0?

Old 01-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
armlite10 is on a distinguished road
armlite10's Tacoma Gallery
Blower for 4.0?

Anybody out there put a blower on a 4.0 yet? URD has some listed but I'd like to hear from anyone who has had it done.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
What are you looking to "hear"?? Ease of install- Gains- Random BS???
To the OP, you'll find that we're mostly good for that last one.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #5
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
I did an install over the holidays.

Besides the standard installation, I added an APR-X1, NST blower pulleys, and the week end the APR 7th injector.

I also added a larger fuel pump.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
jrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the roughjrws6 is a jewel in the rough

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Jason
jrws6's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet Install!
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #9
Coupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoupe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Guys.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #10
Wizard is on a distinguished road
Wizard's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup James. What's next??
Old 01-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #11

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Nice setup James. What's next??

Bullet proof transmission.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
Wizard is on a distinguished road
Wizard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
Bullet proof transmission.
Good choice. Tranny is definitely the weakest link in the system.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #13
$$ = HP
Tapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: ABH 05-08
Name: Pat
Tapp's Tacoma Gallery
here is my TRD set-up that i used to have....

and my NEW SET-UP.. URD MK2 with the APR X-1
Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #14
$$ = HP
Tapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of lightTapp is a glorious beacon of light

Tapp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
Tapp, Which S/C do u like the most? Give us a comment or two about the pros and cons.
mmmmm...im almost afraid to start another battle!!..

but these comments are based on my OWN OPINION to all!

TRD set-up

- bought this SC about 2 years ago when TTC brought it out on a group buy.. Very nice power, and able to keep warranty! not a bad deal!
- Simple installation
-GREAT set-up if your lookin to just bolt on an go! and just have fun with!
- But, what i have seen and im sure Balboa, and few others can vouch! that you have to spend TONS of money to peak or break the 400hp mark.
-NICE low end torque
-annoying nipple leak on the tank
- ECU gets reflashed
- 315rwhp 330rwhp Stage 1 @ 7psi

URD MKII

- Easier installation than the TRD
-no need to reflash ECU..run the X1
- AWESOME POWER, the pulling never ends!!
- its such a quiet set up, I LOVE IT
-Tuned at Stage 1 @ 10psi
-dyno to come
- add headers and Stage 3...400hp +

I need some headers before i add the Stage 3.. this was basically a
Stage 1 TRD to a Stage 1 URD MKII w/ the 81 trim.

and this is all i will say... its sooo much faster!!

SO, if your looking for simplicity go TRD!! Both are Great chargers..

but i love my MKII
Old 01-22-2010, 07:15 PM   #15
$$ = HP

Tapp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanx Tapp. No battle here. Love my TRD S/C but have hit the ceiling with the power. Over 380 HP. I am looking to go a different route.
your welcome sir... ive followed you behind the scenes on CT with the continous upgrades...as well as a few on XRU..

it just didnt make sense to dump all that extra money for little gains.. So i knew if i wanted to keep the love for the X i had to make..BIG CHANGES and had to be done quick!

i understand with the whole "going a different route"

Good Luck on yours!!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #16
$$ = HP

Tapp's Tacoma Gallery
once the weather decides to get nice again here in NC id like to get vids, 40-90 pulls etc..

werty has a tough truck too!! IMO.. i gotta get some vids for him
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #17

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Tapp!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #18
$$ = HP

Tapp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupe View Post
Looking good Tapp!
always a good feeling when you comment!!

after seeing your engine bay..man..i gotta get up to Par!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:21 AM   #19

Coupe's Tacoma Gallery
Here is an updated pic with after an Optima battery install.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #20
My68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedMy68ur8trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
My68ur8trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I have pioneered a couple things for our XRs and wasted a lot of money. But all in all I have had fun doing it and kept my mod addiction at bay. I am curious as to how quick u hit full boost and how much harder it pulls than your URD? I see Werty is lurking this thread also. Maybe he has a comment or 2.

I was out for the test drive after that install.

Is slams 6-7 psi and then builds up to 10

He made way more boost that I expected. I only ran it with stage 3 and open exhaust so the boost levels were actually about the same, but his truck hauls ass

Justin