Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

XR center "spoiler" on non-XR front bumpers

Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
XR center "spoiler" on non-XR front bumpers

I think on the XR it's attached with some plastic clips, right?

I want one for my std cab, mainly because I hit something with my bumper yesterday, and the center piece will cover up 99% of the damage lol

Trying to figure out the best way to attach it to my non-XR.

Double sided tape?
Glue?
Drill some holes and use black plastic rivets?

Ideas and suggestions (other than buy an XR) are welcome.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
I think you need to dremel off some tabs and then double side tape it on there.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think that's what I'm going to do.

I just picked up the new center piece for $74 brand new in a box at the dealership.

I got the hook up, holla if ya hear me!
Old 02-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #5
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
buy an XR.... Sorry i had to! And on a serious note. Im not sure haha.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
yeah i think on the XRs the lower valance kit thing holds it in, not to sure tho

double stick tape ftw.
Shootz cuz, u wrong ahaha!

It's held on with 6 clips on the top, maybe the ground effects do hold it in place on the bottom.

I got one today, I think I might have to take off my Grillcraft lower, then install the XR spoiler, then reinstall the Grillcraft grill.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #7
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Here is the XR front spoiler on a double cab long bed.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:17 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.

I meant spoiler as in the center bumper piece. That's what Toyota calls it, I should have been clearer.

Sharp lookin' truck!
Old 02-18-2010, 11:49 PM   #10
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Shootz cuz, u wrong ahaha!

It's held on with 6 clips on the top, maybe the ground effects do hold it in place on the bottom.

I got one today, I think I might have to take off my Grillcraft lower, then install the XR spoiler, then reinstall the Grillcraft grill.
ho sorreeeeyyy ah? no get all nawtz hahaha
Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #11
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
I cut off the tabs and used 3M double-sided tape for mine. Haven't had any problems with it yet.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM   #12
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
ho sorreeeeyyy ah? no get all nawtz hahaha
ainokea
Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
ahhh.. I see what your saying. referring to that cover... gotcha. i would question the toyota tech that called that a 'spoiler'. he obviously doesn't know what a spoiler is/does.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #14
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
ainokea
ey brah, you a local boi o wat?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmat View Post
ey brah, you a local boi o wat?
Nope, just a haole that lived on Pearl Harbor for 4 years.

I love learning about different cultures.

Anybody wanna FedEx me some Spam and rice musubi???
Old 02-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #16
tmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura abouttmat has a spectacular aura about

Name: Treavor
tmat's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha. My dad makes thee best spam musubi. Maybe I should bring some to the meet?????hmmmmmm I think you and I will be the only ones eating it. haha
Old 02-19-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Mob parking lots.

This is what I ended up with.

I had to cut the top off 2.25" to accommodate the Grillcraft grill. I painted satin black behind it.

I used the Scotch by 3M double sided indoor/outdoor tape. Thanks guys.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #19
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, you got a more distant shot, with more angle of the truck?
Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #20
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
Looks good man, you got a more distant shot, with more angle of the truck?
I'll take one tomorrow.