Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

lifted xrunner

Old 03-29-2010, 04:55 PM   #1
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Salty Basterd
Name: Mitch
LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
lifted xrunner

anyone ever heard or seen a tear down and biuld up of one of these with sas or anything? could be interesting
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
a guy over on TTORA was looking to put a long travel kit on an x-runner. dont think he ever did though.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #4
k20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shedk20me is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joseph
k20me's Tacoma Gallery
I've read they're pretty good starting points for a long travel setup, especially with the V6 and SUA stock.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Its the same as doing it to a extended cab with a body kit on it.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:35 AM   #7
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Its called the trd sport package.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #8
LILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shedLILFURR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
but doesnt the xrunner have more hp? im not really sure thats what i just heard i was kinda thinking along the same lines as if someone sasd a ford lightning( hate fords just saying lifted a higher horse power supposed to be street queen)
Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
No ... The 2005+ V6 manual PreRunners and X-Runners use exactly the same engine, and they both have 6-speed manuals. The only significant powertrain difference is in their final gear ratios.

The X-Runner weighs as much or slightly more than the PreRunner (5 lbs. heavier in 2009) in stock form, so there's no weight justification for raising the XR.

The X-Runner's signature X-Brace is designed to make the rear frame extra-rigid - a feature not necessarily useful for off-roading.

MSRP is lower for a basic V6 manual PreRunner Access Cab (almost $4000 in 2009) - mainly because XR's are 'loaded' accessory-wise.

In the 2001 - 2004 era, a very few S-Runner owners lifted their SR's, because it was the most straightforward way to get an offroad-capable 2WD prerunner with V6 and a manual transmission. Since PreRunners are no longer automatic-only, there's little point in lifting an XR unless you've already got one to monkey with.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #10

LILFURR's Tacoma Gallery
well played next time ill do my research haha what about the ivan stewart trucks they were supposed to be coming out with what ever happened to those
Old 03-31-2010, 01:14 AM   #12
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I don't understand why you would buy a XRunner then throw a lift on it? what a waste of money... A truck built for street performance now jacked up on muds, why can't you buy a SR5 model and put mods on it yourself? I think its pointless. Buy something for the intended use, but don't ruin it because you want to be different. Your call, but thats like taking a Minivan to haul all your construction gear... how fun would that be opening those side doors and trying to haul wood in the back all day long? unless your a redneck. Haha.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:30 AM   #13
efmugen will become famous soon enough

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
never seen one and hopefully I will not since the xrunner is a different animal it would defeat its main purpose, my borther has one and I would slap him silly if he ever thought of such an idea....
Old 03-31-2010, 01:36 AM   #14
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
Yeah whats up with people these days? If I want something to handle the curves and track I will just go out and buy a STI... and be done

Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 AM   #15

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eight3one_offroad View Post
Yeah whats up with people these days? If I want something to handle the curves and track I will just go out and buy a STI... and be done

youll be surprise how well the xrunner handle the curves....
Old 03-31-2010, 03:30 AM   #16
burtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud ofburtonboards32 has much to be proud of
burtonboards32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats like taking a Minivan to haul all your construction gear... how fun would that be opening those side doors and trying to haul wood in the back all day long? unless your a redneck. Haha.
obviously you have never tried to find a parking spot in a busy city for a full size van or box truck. I loved my old company dodge caravan for service calls and jobs while working in Boston...and I am not a redneck.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM   #18
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by efmugen View Post
never seen one and hopefully I will not since the xrunner is a different animal it would defeat its main purpose, my borther has one and I would slap him silly if he ever thought of such an idea....
You say your brother has an X-Runner.. If he already hasnt have him check out this site
http://www.xr-underground.com/

Quote:
Haha all of you are hatin' I'll stop now.
who's hatin.. I just cant see the point of lifting an X-Runner, Yeah i can see my truck with a lift on it
Old 03-31-2010, 05:44 PM   #19
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure the x runner also has a cold air intake and a super charger from factory not just the x brace as previously mentioned
The only problem I foresee in this is that you are really starting with a street tuned truck why not just start with a trd sport and add the engine mods......also you loose your six lug axles.....idk i like six bolts and there are more offroad wheel choices i think especially beadlock....also most parts for offroad like lt kits exclude xrunners so unless your going to do some extreme fab its a little proposterous.......

one plus you can get tons of sweet performance mods for x runners (5lugs) like trd big brake kit!!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 06:24 PM   #20

efmugen's Tacoma Gallery
man do whatever..... lifted xrunners, lowered TRDs