Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

drifting suspension set up

Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road

Name: JayHayAre
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
drifting suspension set up

what is a good suspension set up to drift in the x runner? tire size? rim size? spacers? control arms? coil spring rate? bushings? sway arms? lowering blocks or leafs? etc.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
On my rc I put electrical tape around the tires. That seemed to help a lot so maybe you could try that.

In all seriousness though you will probably have more luck at a drifting forum as stated earlier or maybe even xru.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
XRU is a good place to start. don't really go onto a car forum, wont really help you that much suspension wise. 240s usually don't have leafs springs and a live axle to deal with lol

no ones really set a truck up for pure drift yet, but you would need to search around XRU to make sure. how far are you going to go with the build? there are a few suspension options out there, sittin sic makes coils for the front and composite leafs, which would probably your best bet. they also make sway bars and now have an adjustable rear one as well

for the rear i would think that the smaller the block the better, and the composite mono leafs are a good (and franky, only at this time) choice. the bigger block you have the greater the distance and leverage the axle has on the leafs, which is not good. URD also makes a traction bar that will help to alleviate some axle hop and wrap, as well as the CalTrac system. there are also rear shocks that are out, QA1s, that are a good upgrade from the stockers.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #5

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
XRU is a good place to start. don't really go onto a car forum, wont really help you that much suspension wise. 240s usually don't have leafs springs and a live axle to deal with lol

no ones really set a truck up for pure drift yet, but you would need to search around XRU to make sure. how far are you going to go with the build? there are a few suspension options out there, sittin sic makes coils for the front and composite leafs, which would probably your best bet. they also make sway bars and now have an adjustable rear one as well

for the rear i would think that the smaller the block the better, and the composite mono leafs are a good (and franky, only at this time) choice. the bigger block you have the greater the distance and leverage the axle has on the leafs, which is not good. URD also makes a traction bar that will help to alleviate some axle hop and wrap, as well as the CalTrac system. there are also rear shocks that are out, QA1s, that are a good upgrade from the stockers.
thanx bro, yeah i got a account with XRU but theres so much haters up in that bi$atch.

good info on the suspension help. im looking into the leafs and the rear sway bars. do you know if you have to remove the x brace to install the sittin sic rear sway bar?

Alohaz bro
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3JDM View Post
thanx bro, yeah i got a account with XRU but theres so much haters up in that bi$atch.

good info on the suspension help. im looking into the leafs and the rear sway bars. do you know if you have to remove the x brace to install the sittin sic rear sway bar?

Alohaz bro
your not the kid who did the gear swap are you?

xbrace is in no way going to intefere with the SS sways. they just replace the stock sways that are already there.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #7

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
You could not be more dead on with that comment.
well yeah, i kinda want to stay away from negative vibes bro. whats the sense of putting someone down and feeding bad comments about building a truck. i think everyone has their own taste in customizing their ride. there are guys up in that forum that i never met or talked to and they just talk some mad $hit about my truck. not being a cry baby or anythin, but dam yo learn some respect for others.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #8

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
your not the kid who did the gear swap are you?

xbrace is in no way going to intefere with the SS sways. they just replace the stock sways that are already there.
oh no bro that aint me. sorry. so what is a gear swap? sorry not really a mechanic more of a auto body person.

ok thanks for the info on the sway bars

alohaz
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
gear swap: changing your diff gear to a higher or lower ratio due to larger tires or looking for more power
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3JDM View Post
well yeah, i kinda want to stay away from negative vibes bro. whats the sense of putting someone down and feeding bad comments about building a truck. i think everyone has their own taste in customizing their ride. there are guys up in that forum that i never met or talked to and they just talk some mad $hit about my truck. not being a cry baby or anythin, but dam yo learn some respect for others.
They are jealous that they don't live in as awesome of a state as you do
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
your killing me smalls.

if you really want to set up a drifter, buy an 87 toyota pickup and drop in a chevy small block 350 on AR 14" rims and just dump the clutch. someone on this site has a video im sure

not a yota but you get it

" target="_blank">

sorry for the double f-ing video but youtube and me are in a fight
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 AM   #12

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
your killing me smalls.

if you really want to set up a drifter, buy an 87 toyota pickup and drop in a chevy small block 350 on AR 14" rims and just dump the clutch. someone on this site has a video im sure

not a yota but you get it

sorry for the double f-ing video but youtube and me are in a fight

THANKS BRO wow! lmao its a drifting truck yo! thats freakin kool, thanks again for the video bro.
Mahalo
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #13

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
gear swap: changing your diff gear to a higher or lower ratio due to larger tires or looking for more power
oh ok i get it, thanks that sounds like a good mod.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #14

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
They are jealous that they don't live in as awesome of a state as you do
Much Mahalo's and Aloha Bro. yes Hawaii is a beautiful state but its gettin over populated here in oahu. i wish there was a bridge that connects to all of the 8 islands. LMAO some day..

im originaly from San jose CA i kinda like the open area instead of being stuck on a rock.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like said above performance wise the sittin sic track ready drop would probably be the best bet, it comes with the sway bars f and r, composite leafs and lower coils

nice truck btw i looked at your profile pics it looks sick!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
my suggestion is get yourself a custom 4-link rear setup and have them incorporate some dual adjustable coil overs for both the front and rear...you would probably need some aftermarket UCA's that way you can correct the angle of the rim and not have too much of a camber...

it really depends on how much you are willing to spend...

good luck and keep us posted...
Old 04-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #19

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
yeah like said above performance wise the sittin sic track ready drop would probably be the best bet, it comes with the sway bars f and r, composite leafs and lower coils

nice truck btw i looked at your profile pics it looks sick!
yeah the sic track ready kit caught my eye too. the price is not so bad either.

lol my truck is only for looks so far (all show, no go for now) thanks bro
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #20

I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmbooger View Post
yup that is some nice volks on that truck yo