Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

drifting suspension set up

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
drifting suspension set up

what is a good suspension set up to drift in the x runner? tire size? rim size? spacers? control arms? coil spring rate? bushings? sway arms? lowering blocks or leafs? etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Jason'sLawnCare's Avatar
Name: Jason
Joined: Apr 2009, #15878
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,440
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
On my rc I put electrical tape around the tires. That seemed to help a lot so maybe you could try that.

In all seriousness though you will probably have more luck at a drifting forum as stated earlier or maybe even xru.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:00 AM   #4
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Kelson's Avatar
Name: Kelson
Joined: May 2008, #6597
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Age: 69
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,637
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
XRU is a good place to start. don't really go onto a car forum, wont really help you that much suspension wise. 240s usually don't have leafs springs and a live axle to deal with lol

no ones really set a truck up for pure drift yet, but you would need to search around XRU to make sure. how far are you going to go with the build? there are a few suspension options out there, sittin sic makes coils for the front and composite leafs, which would probably your best bet. they also make sway bars and now have an adjustable rear one as well

for the rear i would think that the smaller the block the better, and the composite mono leafs are a good (and franky, only at this time) choice. the bigger block you have the greater the distance and leverage the axle has on the leafs, which is not good. URD also makes a traction bar that will help to alleviate some axle hop and wrap, as well as the CalTrac system. there are also rear shocks that are out, QA1s, that are a good upgrade from the stockers.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
XRU is a good place to start. don't really go onto a car forum, wont really help you that much suspension wise. 240s usually don't have leafs springs and a live axle to deal with lol

no ones really set a truck up for pure drift yet, but you would need to search around XRU to make sure. how far are you going to go with the build? there are a few suspension options out there, sittin sic makes coils for the front and composite leafs, which would probably your best bet. they also make sway bars and now have an adjustable rear one as well

for the rear i would think that the smaller the block the better, and the composite mono leafs are a good (and franky, only at this time) choice. the bigger block you have the greater the distance and leverage the axle has on the leafs, which is not good. URD also makes a traction bar that will help to alleviate some axle hop and wrap, as well as the CalTrac system. there are also rear shocks that are out, QA1s, that are a good upgrade from the stockers.
thanx bro, yeah i got a account with XRU but theres so much haters up in that bi$atch.

good info on the suspension help. im looking into the leafs and the rear sway bars. do you know if you have to remove the x brace to install the sittin sic rear sway bar?

Alohaz bro
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Joined: Aug 2008, #8422
Location: flooriduh
Posts: 903
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3JDM View Post
thanx bro, yeah i got a account with XRU but theres so much haters up in that bi$atch.

good info on the suspension help. im looking into the leafs and the rear sway bars. do you know if you have to remove the x brace to install the sittin sic rear sway bar?

Alohaz bro
your not the kid who did the gear swap are you?

xbrace is in no way going to intefere with the SS sways. they just replace the stock sways that are already there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboa View Post
You could not be more dead on with that comment.
well yeah, i kinda want to stay away from negative vibes bro. whats the sense of putting someone down and feeding bad comments about building a truck. i think everyone has their own taste in customizing their ride. there are guys up in that forum that i never met or talked to and they just talk some mad $hit about my truck. not being a cry baby or anythin, but dam yo learn some respect for others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #8
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxchrisfla View Post
your not the kid who did the gear swap are you?

xbrace is in no way going to intefere with the SS sways. they just replace the stock sways that are already there.
oh no bro that aint me. sorry. so what is a gear swap? sorry not really a mechanic more of a auto body person.

ok thanks for the info on the sway bars

alohaz
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #9
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
08pretaco's Avatar
Name: Oliver
Joined: Sep 2008, #9502
Location: az
Age: 25
Gender: Dude
Posts: 9,166
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
gear swap: changing your diff gear to a higher or lower ratio due to larger tires or looking for more power
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:25 AM   #10
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
Jason'sLawnCare's Avatar
Name: Jason
Joined: Apr 2009, #15878
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,440
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3JDM View Post
well yeah, i kinda want to stay away from negative vibes bro. whats the sense of putting someone down and feeding bad comments about building a truck. i think everyone has their own taste in customizing their ride. there are guys up in that forum that i never met or talked to and they just talk some mad $hit about my truck. not being a cry baby or anythin, but dam yo learn some respect for others.
They are jealous that they don't live in as awesome of a state as you do
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:41 AM   #11
Senior Member
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
MurphyZ's Avatar
Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
Joined: Jan 2009, #12441
Location: Barksdale AFB
Gender: Male
Posts: 732
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
your killing me smalls.

if you really want to set up a drifter, buy an 87 toyota pickup and drop in a chevy small block 350 on AR 14" rims and just dump the clutch. someone on this site has a video im sure

not a yota but you get it

" target="_blank">


sorry for the double f-ing video but youtube and me are in a fight
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 AM   #12
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
your killing me smalls.

if you really want to set up a drifter, buy an 87 toyota pickup and drop in a chevy small block 350 on AR 14" rims and just dump the clutch. someone on this site has a video im sure

not a yota but you get it

sorry for the double f-ing video but youtube and me are in a fight

THANKS BRO wow! lmao its a drifting truck yo! thats freakin kool, thanks again for the video bro.
Mahalo
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #13
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
gear swap: changing your diff gear to a higher or lower ratio due to larger tires or looking for more power
oh ok i get it, thanks that sounds like a good mod.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:33 AM   #14
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
They are jealous that they don't live in as awesome of a state as you do
Much Mahalo's and Aloha Bro. yes Hawaii is a beautiful state but its gettin over populated here in oahu. i wish there was a bridge that connects to all of the 8 islands. LMAO some day..

im originaly from San jose CA i kinda like the open area instead of being stuck on a rock.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #15
Senior Member
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
113tac's Avatar
Name: Stephen
Joined: Jun 2009, #18439
Location: va
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,120
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
yeah like said above performance wise the sittin sic track ready drop would probably be the best bet, it comes with the sway bars f and r, composite leafs and lower coils

nice truck btw i looked at your profile pics it looks sick!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #18
Senior Member
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
T0LLPHR33's Avatar
Joined: Sep 2007, #2817
Location: S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,620
T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
my suggestion is get yourself a custom 4-link rear setup and have them incorporate some dual adjustable coil overs for both the front and rear...you would probably need some aftermarket UCA's that way you can correct the angle of the rim and not have too much of a camber...

it really depends on how much you are willing to spend...

good luck and keep us posted...
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #19
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
yeah like said above performance wise the sittin sic track ready drop would probably be the best bet, it comes with the sway bars f and r, composite leafs and lower coils

nice truck btw i looked at your profile pics it looks sick!
yeah the sic track ready kit caught my eye too. the price is not so bad either.

lol my truck is only for looks so far (all show, no go for now) thanks bro
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:25 PM   #20
I<3JDM [OP] I<3JDM is offline
Junior Member
I<3JDM is on a distinguished road
 
I<3JDM's Avatar
Name: JayHayAre
Joined: Apr 2010, #34374
Location: HI State 808 Reppin'
Gender: Male
Posts: 13
I<3JDM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmbooger View Post
yup that is some nice volks on that truck yo
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Opinions on my soon to be suspension set up!!! extremachn1 Suspension 8 08-20-2011 07:26 AM
in your opinion best suspension set up jobrien Suspension 1 01-13-2011 04:22 PM
Need help choosing a suspension set up Zulu Six Suspension 1 12-07-2010 03:53 PM
What suspension set-up would you suggest sfoxwoody 2nd Gen. Tacomas 1 07-24-2010 07:03 PM
Suspension Set Up Opinions dysfunctnlretard Suspension 28 11-13-2009 05:55 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.