Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

New Buyer

Old 05-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
xptical is on a distinguished road
xptical's Tacoma Gallery
New Buyer

Hi all,

This is my first post here, so please be kind...

I'm looking at Tacomas in the Central GA area. I think I may have settled on a 2005ish X-Runner Access Cab. V6 with a 6-speed transmission.

It seems like a nice mod for the stock Tacoma. Just about every time I have gone overseas, I have ended up falling in love with the Hilux. Those things are real work horses out there. And they never die.

Now, on to the truck I'm looking at:

What kinds of things should I be looking at? I mean, what are common problems that arise with the X-Runner?

Thanks all...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont have an xrunner but i do have a 2005 taco V6 but its auto. My truck has 142000+ miles and it still runs like it is brand new. These trucks are the best!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW
Old 05-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
xptical's Tacoma Gallery
The only down side to this truck is the head unit. Can someone suggest a good replacement with an AUX input?

Oh and I'd also like to get a cover for the bed. Any suggestions?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #5
xptical's Tacoma Gallery
Found another annoying thing on the ride home. I got a blue XR and the dashboard lights are all orange. Anyone know of a way to get blue lights in the dash?
Old 05-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #6
bram will become famous soon enoughbram will become famous soon enough
Name: Bram
bram's Tacoma Gallery
my x has one problem the oem clutch sucks and if you play the truck the brakes cant handle it (they just burn away)
Old 05-20-2010, 06:02 PM   #7
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bram View Post
my x has one problem the oem clutch sucks and if you play the truck the brakes cant handle it (they just burn away)

I would't say thats true with all X's, Ive got over 70k on mine and have never had an issue with it. clutch,tranny, brakes not a problem.. Its a badass truck..

Oh... and i dont baby it
Old 05-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #8
xptical's Tacoma Gallery
Well, after a week with my XR, I'm pretty happy. Does anyone know where to get color-matched touch-up paint for the 2005 blue XR?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:45 AM   #9
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I got some from here
http://www.autovisuals.com/

and at the stealership..

Glad you like the truck..

You also might want to check out this site
http://www.xr-underground.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptical View Post
Well, after a week with my XR, I'm pretty happy. Does anyone know where to get color-matched touch-up paint for the 2005 blue XR?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #10
Murdered X

Quote:
Originally Posted by xptical View Post
Found another annoying thing on the ride home. I got a blue XR and the dashboard lights are all orange. Anyone know of a way to get blue lights in the dash?
Hope this helps

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...read.php?t=941