Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

squeaking after CAI install

Old 05-12-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
itsmurda is on a distinguished road
Name: Joey
itsmurda's Tacoma Gallery
squeaking after CAI install

I recently just installed a TRD cold air intake and after installation a squeaking noise developed in the front of the engine compartment. I thought it was an idler pulley but changed both out and still have it. listened to the tensionar pulley and the fan clutch doesn't sound like its there either. Any ideas on what this might be or has anyone might have encountered this problem?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Is it RPM dependent? Does it go away when step on the gas?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
i haven't really listened but it sounds like something is lose but i know when it runs and then sits the squeaking is there.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
sounds like it may be RPM dependent...ne ideas???
Old 05-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I'm not trying to make you feel stupid but did you leave any tools in the engine bay? I have done it.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
i had a squealing that turned out to be the serp belt. i though it was an idler pulley but it wasn't. is it coming from the drivers side kinda near the alternator/ac?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
I have looked at it while running for a half hour and havn't noticed ne tools lol...i used a stethoscope to listen to everything in there closer and can't pinpoint where its coming from
Old 05-12-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
it sounded at first like it was coming from the passenger side after we changed that pulley it was still there and sounded more like it was coming from the driver side...now i just can't tell...
Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
serp belt seems to be in good shape but i guess it would make sense that i'm hearing the sound on both sides
Old 05-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #10
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
yea my serp belt looked great to me but i was finally convinced to change it and bam, problem solved. they're only bout 25-30 at a parts store.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #11
well i'll try that tomorrow thanks alot guys!!!!!