Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Keep my taco, or get an X-Runner?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:15 PM   #1
Bean&Cheese Taco
tiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to alltiresmokintacoma is a name known to all
Army: E-2   13Fox
Name: VIC
tiresmokintacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Keep my taco, or get an X-Runner?

Ok so i am getting ready to start college. School is about 40 miles from my house. I really really really X2130983412098 love my truck. But gas is going to tear me a new one. So i was thinking about getting me a little civic si or something along those lines, but I promised my self back when i first got my license I would never EVER drive a little rice burner with a coffee can muffler tip. So Since I love tacos so much (both the truck and food) I thought about getting an X-Runner. I love the shit out of these trucks too. So i was checking them out online and saw that the mpg was 15/18. WTF is that! thats almost what I get with my lifted taco on 33's!! (when im driving slow everywhere and not burning out everywhere) I would think since an XR is lower and stuff it would get better mpg. So now its bugging me. What mpg do other people get with their XR? If I get an XR I would just leave it stock, maybe intake but only things to help out mpg. So help me out here. I wanna stay with a taco just mpg is whats killin me. Thanx
http://www.toyota.com/tacoma/trims-prices.html
Old 05-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
the x-runner is still a taco keep the taco man, the milage isn't that much better especially when you're just scooting around a college town (you can walk/bus anywhere anyway)...plus you need it to off road
Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
My dad got a Cobalt for that reason...37 mpg son!

Oh! And it's a manual sedan. Imagine an auto coupe!
Old 05-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
MonStar
Koov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shedKoov is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Koov's Tacoma Gallery
Are you driving back and forth to school everyday? IMO, I would keep the Taco. But...if you are commuting everyday, maybe get a Civic.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:33 AM   #10
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ramon
xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxi View Post
You do not buy an X-Runner with fuel economy in mind!

You buy it to mod it and run autocross and high-speed on road courses, anything less would be a poser...
Well said my friend. lol

Na but honestly guys get about 400 to the tank in some cases if you just baby it by shifting around 2k.... I'm yet to reach that... I get around 300 - 340. I just can't help but get that rush that it gives me with that hard accel.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #11
Blowin by em sideways
xroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shedxroller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
X2, especially with the long bed...

Xrunner comes with a long bed.. We don't have an option but I would want that anyway...
Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 AM   #13
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
the 6 speed gets worse mpg than the auto..... that why
Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 AM   #14
Blowin by em sideways

xroller's Tacoma Gallery
Well they call it a long bed because the other one is called a short bed. It's not referring to the common term long bed that everyone thinks. It's the standard bed size but it's like on the nissan frontier. They have a "short" bed and a "long" bed. The term long bed doesn't refer to any particular size just because in the past it has been made obvious doesn't mean a long bed has to be 8' feet or longer.

As far as the Auto getting better gas mileage.... you have us beat my 1 mpg on the highway.... The xrunner beats you dub cab guys though. We are actually rated at 18/21. It's not a big difference you are talking a slight 20 miles per tank if that. The rating isn't a hundred percent accurate. It's a very good guess but not exact. As i said before people with an Xrunner can get up to 400 - 420 out of a tank in the city.... Driving habits is what helps. Auto guys don't really have much control over shifting unlike a manual guy does which is why we can always improve our gas mileage easier than you auto guys can.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #15
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiresmokintacoma View Post
So help me out here. I wanna stay with a taco just mpg is whats killin me.l
Save up and buy a $800 commuter car (Honda civic, Acura Integra, etc...) and keep the truck.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #17
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohrmundt View Post
X2 - or just get you a moped.
Don't know about where he lives, but if he tried riding a moped on the highways out here he'd die.

Between the teens texting and driving and general ignorance of never looking in the side-mirrors and/or signaling, a moped would end up in the side ditch
Old 05-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #18
pabl0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
pabl0's Tacoma Gallery
Keep your Taco, as an X-runner owner the mileage isn't much better, same engine, maybe a couple of mpg difference but not worth it if your changing just for the mpg. Change if you want a 2wd something with more or the same options as your current Taco, or something you like and interested in modding.

I love Taco's, I got an X-Runner for one reason it had all the options I wanted in a Taco for $10k less than I could get a 4x4 Taco with almost same options. How often do I go 4x4ing? hardly ever so that not worth an extra $10,000. that for sure. So I got myself an X-Runner instead.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #19
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Keep your taco. chicks dig it is a shaggin wagon.
lol...thats awesome!

But yea, I'd keep your current Taco
Old 05-30-2010, 12:39 AM   #20
lawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nicelawnrevenge is just really nice

lawnrevenge's Tacoma Gallery
Don't live 40 miles from school.
I live 50 miles from my school, it's the worst thing you can do. You lose 2 hours of study time every day you make the drive. Figure out how to move there and keep the taco. You will appreciate the extra time.