Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

x-runner hood scoop question

Old 06-11-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
j_wil_pyro is on a distinguished road
j_wil_pyro's Tacoma Gallery
x-runner hood scoop question

OK Fellas,
I guess I'm being a poser here, but anyway. I have a little base model 2010 Taco four-banger 4x4. I gave my poor new baby a couple little booboos on the front end. So I needed to get a new hood. I really like the look of the scooped x-runner hoods so I ordered one from rockauto. But when I ordered it, it appeared to be just the sheet metal hood w/ scoop and not the trim around the scoop. And I can't find the trim on rock auto. I've found something called a scoop insert and a couple other scoop pieces on another site but I'm not sure exactly what to order. Can I just get the scoop insert (sleeve/trim thing) or do I need other pieces (one of them looks like a block off plate)? Any help would be appreciated.

-Jesse
Old 06-11-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
not sure what trim piece your talking about. got any pics of said "trim"?
Old 06-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
I don't have any pics but on other x-runner scoops I've seen, they seem to have a little lip around the outer edge of the scoop...I think that is part of this sleeve/insert piece, but im not sure
Old 06-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
OK so on trademotion.com this is what I've found. 6 is called "scoop", 7 is called "scoop guide" and 8 is called "scoop plate".

I'm pretty sure I need the "scoop" part, but I'm not sure about the "scoop guide" part and the "scoop plate" part just looks like a block off plate, and if thats the case i dont want that.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #5
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
you need 6, 7, and 8
Old 06-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
i think you'll need 6. no clue on the others
Old 06-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Basically you ordered a hood with a hole in it. The other trim crap is separate.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:39 PM   #8
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
you need 6, 7, and 8
x2
Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I googled the pieces you'd need and nothing poped up! Just billet inserts and shit like that Call Toyota
Old 06-11-2010, 12:43 PM   #10
Is 8 a block off plate? I know I certainly don't need a scoop for my little taco, but I welcome the improved airflow and I'd rather not have a block off plate if I can get away with it. Thanks for all the help so far, BTW.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #12
did not know that gunner...thanks!

and thanks to everyone else for all the input!
Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #14
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorifuto View Post
Aren't parts 6,7,8, like $130?

When i broke mine installing my billet i had to order a new one.. this is what you get for 130.00

Old 06-14-2010, 01:04 AM   #15
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

solus's Tacoma Gallery
6,7,8 = about $130
Old 06-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #16
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
When i broke mine installing my billet i had to order a new one.. this is what you get for 130.00

this = $93
Old 06-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #18
HOME!!!

solus's Tacoma Gallery
Ouch... trdpart4u ftw!