1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overhead console w/ temp/compass display

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by fujii57, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Jun 21, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    fujii57

fujii57 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner
    Just replaced my overhead console with one (brand new) that has a temp and compass display but after I plugged it in, the outside temp is just three dashes and the compass reads CAL N. The Taco came prewired with the temp sensor and I completed the 'calibration' (per TSB) for the compass. Stiil no joy.

2. Jun 21, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    NelsonTacoma

NelsonTacoma This is my derpawayinator!!!!!

Member:
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport 03 4Runner Limited 4wd
    Bilstein 5100's , 6000k HID Hi/Low Kit, Magnaflow Muffler, 1.5 inch AP Wheel Spacers, Mudflap Delete
    From my experience as a tech at a dealership, if the temp reads dashes it usually means that the temp sensor has gone bad or is not present, this is common to all makes of vehicles. Did you install one with the new console? As for calibrating the compass, you may just need to drive in circles for a while to get the compass to center itself. I'm not 100% on the compass calibration but I'm sure the temp display doesn't work because there is no sensor or the sensor is bad.

3. Jun 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM
    fujii57

fujii57 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner
    I guess it's possible for the sensor to be bad but the truck's only got a little over 1K miles on it. I've done everything on the calibration for the compass except driving around in circles, so I'll have that left to do to see if I can get it going. Thanks much for the come back.

Products Discussed in

To Top