Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > X-Runners

Notices

Overhead console w/ temp/compass display

Old 06-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #1
fujii57 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fujii57's Tacoma Gallery
Overhead console w/ temp/compass display

Just replaced my overhead console with one (brand new) that has a temp and compass display but after I plugged it in, the outside temp is just three dashes and the compass reads CAL N. The Taco came prewired with the temp sensor and I completed the 'calibration' (per TSB) for the compass. Stiil no joy.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
From my experience as a tech at a dealership, if the temp reads dashes it usually means that the temp sensor has gone bad or is not present, this is common to all makes of vehicles. Did you install one with the new console? As for calibrating the compass, you may just need to drive in circles for a while to get the compass to center itself. I'm not 100% on the compass calibration but I'm sure the temp display doesn't work because there is no sensor or the sensor is bad.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
fujii57 is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fujii57's Tacoma Gallery
I guess it's possible for the sensor to be bad but the truck's only got a little over 1K miles on it. I've done everything on the calibration for the compass except driving around in circles, so I'll have that left to do to see if I can get it going. Thanks much for the come back.