1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Three questions

Discussion in 'X-Runners' started by sagreenwood, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    sagreenwood

sagreenwood [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    San Diego ca
    Vehicle:
    08 X Runner
    I have recently bought a 2008 X Runner because I wanted a Tacoma with a V6 engine and manual transmission. I really wanted to buy a new truck but the local Toyota dealer said that the only V6 Manual was the 4 by4 off road version. I tried one and it's way too low geared in first and second for normal road use. I saw the 08 X runner on his used car lot and drove it and this has decent gear ratios. So I said that I would like a new X Runner. The dealer said no can do and I checked on the "build your own" section on the Toyota web site and it wouldn't let me specify an X Runner for Southern California delivery. Is this correct?
    I presume the "intake" on the hood is just for style purposes and doesn't let any air into the engine compartment. It certainly doesn't feed any air to the engine since this air is drawn through the off side front fender.
    I read the threads about the engine revs not coming down immediately when you lift of the throttle and de-clutch... like coming to rest at stop lights. My 08 does exactly the same. Idon't believe that it is intentional by Toyota I believe it must be potentiometer in the throttle pedal assembly which is sticking. Has anyone ever taken this assemblyapart?

2. Aug 5, 2011 at 1:04 PM
    Coupe

Coupe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 X-Runner
    Lots baby!
    I do not know about the availability of X-Runners in California, but in Texas you rarely find a new one on a lot. Maybe a used one.

I would prefer the -08 and older versions. This gives you the ability to add APR X-1 Engine management system. The -09 and later version you can not.

The Hood scoop is not functional.

Concerning the engine revs. My X-runner and every other X-runner I know does this. I believe this is a by product of "drive by wire".

3. Aug 7, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    sagreenwood

sagreenwood [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stuart
    San Diego ca
    Vehicle:
    08 X Runner
    Thanks Coupe for the reply.
    Carfax says my 08 was bought new in California. Whether Toyota discontinued selling them in Ca after 08 or you just have to insist that the dealer order one and wait a few months for it to arrive I don't know.

4. Aug 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    There was a 2011 BRM for 27k at the stealership in my town plus a RR 09 used that they wanted 21k

Products Discussed in

To Top