1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

‘16-newer Transfer Cases

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by You did what?, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    STi and Taco

STi and Taco Not a Super Hero

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    Your local dealer is nice to you. Mine is a bunch of feckwits. They fought with me over a bad battery on a truck that had 162 miles on it (that's right under 200 miles). Kept it for 4 days, wanted to say it's because I left the lights on all night............truck has auto shut off head lights. They haven't touched the truck since.

tonered likes this.
  2. Oct 30, 2019 at 7:59 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    That isn't horrible, compared to $70+.

How often are you swapping it? I'm thinking 30k for Ravenol, given the VOA, and 60k for LF.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    GreyBaldTaco[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tacoma SR 4x4 Access Cab Black, 2012 Subaru STi Hatchback Black, 1995 Acura Legend L Gold (RIP), 2020 Corolla Hatchback
    Diode Dynamics LED Inerior Lighting https://www.diodedynamics.com/by-vehicle.html?no_cache=1&find=2016-toyota-tacoma-115242 Hella Supertone Horns Some Joe Schmuckitelli Keyless Entry Intermittent Wiper Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4 Cruise Control Mod - Thanks to @moe2o4, again Anytime Back-up and Front Mount Camera Mod - Courtesy of @Logistics91 (amazing customer service helping me get it just the way I wanted it set up) Drawtite Class IV trailer hitch with 7/4 pin connector and P3 Tekonsha Brake Controller RokBlokz Mud Flaps Access Cab Rear Seat Storage Mod - Thanks to @Cagedodger for the original idea. Just modified it to fit my needs. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/access-cab-storage-organization.453774/page-4#post-17877877 Method 701 Black Wheels 265-70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers Fumoto Drain Valve Weather Tech Floor Liners and Side Window Deflecors Tuxedo TruXport Bed Cover Access Cover Motion LED Light Strip. Mounted 2 in the bed. Air Dam Delete Demello Off-Road Overlander Aluminum Winch Bumper with Baja Hoop and Squadron Sport LED Spots Warn M8000 Winch Silex center console organizer and tray Full Bed and Under Hood LED Lighting A/C Condensation Drain Relocation Rostra Front Heated Seats aFe Power 51-82722 Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro DRY S Cold Air Intake System (Part #51-82722) Prolightz clear LED fog lights w/ lamin-x overlay Red line Hood struts Diode Dynamics Hi/Low beam HID conversion kit MesoJDM 4 switch cubby panel, 7 switch Center panel and Center console Coin Holder @mesojdm Carhart Gray Front Seat Covers Curtis Class IV receiver B&W Tri-ball hitch King 2.5 Front Coilover/Rear Shock 25001-119/25001-121 Coming Soon: Differential Breather Relocation Mod New tires, can't decide
    I deploy in a few weeks and get back in march. I'll swap mine out then. Should have about 40k on it then. I hunt damn near year round here, so it sees a lot of offroad and 4x4 use plus the camping trips maybe twice a year. I'll probably keep to about 40k on rear/front diff and t-case.

GreyBaldTaco and tonered[QUOTED] like this.
  4. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    The auto off lights are one of my favorite little features with the standard ignition key. Just a note that it only works if you shut the truck completely off before opening a door. Otherwise, I believe it is 20min and they will shut off? I can't recall that last one.

Still, it is cool that it works even for the parking lights.

5. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:02 AM
    GreyBaldTaco

GreyBaldTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 F150 5.0
    I swapped my front and rear diffs with ravenol and the transfer case somewhere between 25k-and 27k. A little early but I wanted to get the fluid out that the gears broke in with and I did my wifes truck at about 30k for her.

tonered[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:03 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    15 or 20 minutes if you open the door first I think. But definitely not enough to kill the battery like that dimwit said at the dealership here.

7. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    GreyBaldTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 F150 5.0
    Oh these guys are cocksuckers for sure, fucked up a few of my lug nuts when they were rotating my tires. The parts guy looked at me like I had 5 heads when I asked about the fluid, then when I told him its what the book called for he went and looked and found a whole shelf of it. Their list price is $101, which I laughed at, then he wet down to $80 something and I thanked him for his time but said I'll order it on the interwebs, then he said he can sell it for "cost" of $53 a can, I needed 3.

tonered likes this.
  8. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Exactly. Now, our stupid Forester has none of this common sense built in.

9. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    haha. That mark up is even more than what it's listed for on their website. And the obligatory "markdowns" just for you always make me laugh. I'll probably just buy 2. Only need one for the truck, but I usually pour a bit through with the drain plug out just to push any remaining out that I can of hte old stuff.

GreyBaldTaco likes this.
  10. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:07 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Weird. What year forester? My 2012 Subaru STi turns the lights off automatically when the key is removed. Turns them back on just by putting the key back in. pretty slick.

11. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:07 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    I did mine at 7k for that reason. It was clearly too early for the T case though. So you're sticking to 30k going forward?

12. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    GreyBaldTaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 F150 5.0
    Im not too sure. I'm thinking 60k intervals after the first fluid change. We shall see though.
    I should have found a magnetized drain plug for the T case though.

13. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    2014. Yeah, the headlights turn off, but the interior ones don't if left in the on position and the the hatch light is not tied to the hatch at all. The kids killed the battery a few times, so we went to just leaving them on the off setting if needed. That way, if we see lights on when exiting, there's a problem. Ha!

14. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:11 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    oh, right. The interior lights on my STi don't turn off either in the on position. I ended up switching all my interior lights to LEDs to fix that. Tested them out when I still had the factory battery. Left them on for 5 days without driving the car and it still started up no problem

15. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:13 AM
    tonered

tonered bartheloni

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    Lynnwood, WA
    Not a bad idea. I might have to do that. It's the wife's, so I don't mess with it. For a while I wanted to put a cat back on it, but then I heard a few other FAs. They don't sound anything like the old EJs. Great motor otherwise. Spools like a diesel.

GreyBaldTaco likes this.
  16. Oct 30, 2019 at 8:38 AM
    STi and Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    Anyone able to find a virgin analysis of Motul Multi-DCTF? My google abilities are failing me so far.

tonered likes this.
  17. Oct 31, 2019 at 5:24 AM
    splitbolt

splitbolt Voodoo Witch Doctor

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OFFROAD DCSB MGM
    If Aisin doesn't get back to you...
    If you can find the rest of the, "Outline of New Features" PDF that came out in 2015, that should have some good info on the VF2CM.
    This is the PDF the much circulated "Engine" PDF came from.
    I've asked about it before; but, I was particularly interested in reading about the. AC60 transmission.

tonered likes this.
  18. Oct 31, 2019 at 11:10 AM
    You did what?

You did what? [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ar.
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 TRD Off-Road
    You may know this already but, It is Aisin AWR6B45
    https://www.sae.org/publications/technical-papers/content/2016-01-1097/

splitbolt[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Oct 31, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    You did what?

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ar.
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 TRD Off-Road
  20. Oct 31, 2019 at 11:13 AM
    You did what?

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ar.
    Vehicle:
    ‘16 TRD Off-Road

Oh and In that link click the preview tab. It’ll give you 5 pages.

Products Discussed in

To Top