1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 sensors - what to get

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by furface, Mar 21, 2024.

1. Mar 21, 2024 at 12:59 PM
    furface

furface [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Enumclaw Washington
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 Tundra 5.7 Long Bed, 95 Tacoma 2.7 4x4 standard cab, 2020 Rav4 Hybred
    Tundra - Timbren Overload bumper stops, TRD sway bar, 95 Tacoma is bone stock, 2020 Rav4 bone stock
    I have heard the Denso sensers on Ebay and Amazon are notorious for being Chinese forgeries that may or may not work. They are cheap enough to be tempting though.
    I need 02 sensers for a June of 95 Tacoma, 2.7 Regular cab 4x4. This is one of the first Tacoma's produced and I have found it has both 94 and 95 parts on it and that tends to make life interesting... :crazy:
    I have been trying to use the search engine first before posting and asking for help but I just have not had much luck using the search engine. I Promise to keep trying and figure it out - eventually..

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Mar 21, 2024 at 1:00 PM
    pp2small

pp2small Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Offroad
    when in doubt you can buy the part from the dealer but would probably be expensive. at least you know you will have OEM

furface[OP] likes this.
  3. Mar 21, 2024 at 1:04 PM
    pp2small

pp2small Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Offroad
    Or rockauto.com i had great luck buying from them for all my various vehicles. they carry legit stuff like Denso and Bosch. Never got a sense it was a knockoff version

4. Mar 21, 2024 at 1:10 PM
    Strictlytoyz

Strictlytoyz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    HA\/\/AII
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab
  5. Mar 21, 2024 at 1:23 PM
    Dm93

Dm93 Test Don't Guess

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DC OR 6spd 4x4
    Predator tube steps, Ranch Hand grill guard, Magnaflow CatBack exhaust, Toyota tool box & bed mat, 2LO Module by @Up2NoGood, Rearview Compass/Temp Mirror, Tune by @JustDSM.
    Get genuine Denso's from a dealer or parts store, avoid cheap "genuine" parts from Amazon and ebay.

I wish people would stop buying that crap, I understand it's cheap but it's cheap for a reason. There is zero testing or quality control on those parts and they are made using the cheapest materials and manufacturing processes possible.
    People swap all their parts with those cheap crap ones chasing a problem, throw their original good parts in the trash, and wonder why they have more problems when they are done.
    Then when they give up and take it to a shop we have to go replace all the shit parts they put on with known good parts before we can start troubleshooting the actual original problem.

I will say to anyone that will read this, if your playing the parts swapping game (although I really advise against swapping parts without proper testing) SAVE YOUR ORIGINAL PARTS until your absolutely certain the issue is fixed.

Anyway srry for being ranty but I just cringe everytime I see someone mention they bought or are thinking about buying amazon/ebay cheap parts because they are just asking to have issues, usually they are the ones that come on here after having "replaced everything" and they are still having issues or having more/different issues.

6. Mar 21, 2024 at 4:38 PM
    furface

furface [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Enumclaw Washington
    Vehicle:
    Tundra - Timbren Overload bumper stops, TRD sway bar, 95 Tacoma is bone stock, 2020 Rav4 bone stock
    Strictlytoyz[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Mar 21, 2024 at 4:41 PM
    furface

furface [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Enumclaw Washington
    Vehicle:
    I normally get such a good deal from NAPPA I don't bother going online. Certain items like the 02 sensors Rock auto were half the cost.

8. May 18, 2024 at 3:28 PM
    diamondmask

diamondmask New Member

Member:
    I'm looking to change both 02 sensors on my 2007 Tacoma 2.7. I'm getting them from Amazon, both Denso. But I have a question, for the downstream sensor, they have two. One is part #234-4260 and the other is ‎#4056607794. The latter is $10 more. Do you know if there is any difference between the two?

9. May 18, 2024 at 3:53 PM
    TnShooter

TnShooter The TacomaWorld Stray

Member:
    First Name:
    Deogee
    Vehicle:
    07' TRD Off-Road, Auto
    STOCK
    One is Universal the other is OE Direct Fit.
    Trust me on this one, you want OE DIRECT FIT.
    You have cut and splice in the universal......
    Plus the universal are more prone to have issues.

You didn't say what truck you had. Just the engine.
    I provided both below.

upload_2024-5-18_18-52-53.png

Products Discussed in

To Top