1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

02 Tacoma a/t 3.4LT-4x4 gear shift ( seat )

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by bphillips, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:27 PM
    bphillips

bphillips [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma auto/4x4/4door
    :notsure:HELP !!! Transfer case leaking oil around the top where the 4x4 shifter goes in, the rubber boot stays wet inside, and oil runs down the sides of the case...........I need the little round green and black ( seat ) that goes in the transfer case top where the 4x4 gear shifter goes in. The toyota dealer here has ordered the wrong part twice. I have an auto trans in the floor and it and the 4x4 shifter goes in beside each other down through the console. I pulled it all down and carried the old seat to the dealer and showed it to them. They keep ordering the part for a manual trans and said thats all they can get. The (seat) that they get is very similar to the one i need and it is green and black, but it is somewhat larger in diameter and will not go down into the transfer case top that holes the 4x4 shifter in place. Has anyone had to replace this ( seat ) , and if so, how did you get the right part. thanks again, bobby

2. Jul 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    welcome to tw. check rockauto.com....they probably have what you are looking for.

3. Jul 10, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    bphillips

bphillips [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma auto/4x4/4door

Thanks for the info, I was able to get the RIGHT part number from rockauto and crossed it over to a national seal # that I was able to get here local.......Thanks so much :wave:

To Top