1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'02 Tacoma - Can't remove turn signal

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by smolo2000, Dec 31, 2008.

1. smolo2000

smolo2000 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma regular cab 4WD
    Spent over an hour yesterday trying to remove my turn signal to change the bulb....can't do it

I know, I'm a horrible truck owner.

Any help?

2. Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2007 4.0L 4x4 TRD Sport Access Cab A
    Advantage Torza top (tri-fold), Husky floor mats, RuffTuff seat covers, C2C hood struts, Homelink mirror, USA Spec PA15-Toy (120gig Classic & 8gig nano), Garmin Nuvi 660, Protecta Bed mat, Pop-n-lock, TSB Springs, Scangauge II, Heated drivers seat, Fumoto drain valve, Aries pushbar, PIAA 540 fog lights, Hood scoop grahics, Flowmaster 50 series dual catback exhaust, RainX Latitude windshield wipers, Husky rear floor liner (ontop of folded down seats). Console Vault.
    Dunno about the 02's ...but on my formally owned 96, there were 2 phillips head screws on the outside, and under the hood - an annoying plastic clip you had to pop out.

I'd open up the hood and investigate for some clips....

3. VooDooTrip

VooDooTrip Defector

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    01' BSP S/C S-Runner
    S/C, URD fuel Upgrade, 2.2 Pulley, URD crank pulley, Truetrax locker, custom exhaust, plx, scangauge, D/P mod, amsoil drop in, 18x9.5 stern hyperblacks, ACA projectors, Grillcraft blackmesh, Performance Products valance, R/C Tails, B&M Short shifter, QA1 Coilovers all the way around, upgraded strut rod bars with heim joints, poly bushings everywhere lol, 1st model Streetacos bolt on four link!
    philips head screw on top that screws into grill, pull straight out.. voila..

4. Jester243

Jester243 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2008 Doublecab 4x4 IRP
    Lifetime LED 70W headlights 10-8-14 (set #2) Sylvania Silverstar fogs, front side windows tinted 27% to match the others, added Tacomaworld.com sticker, suspension TSB as of 7-21-09, Devil Horns by Andres, BFG's, Alpine with Bluetooth and Ipod contols, Rear view mirror relocation bracket, Ultragauge...
    x2 on the firm pull. Oh and welcome to TW post some pics

5. VooDooTrip

VooDooTrip Defector

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    01' BSP S/C S-Runner
    S/C, URD fuel Upgrade, 2.2 Pulley, URD crank pulley, Truetrax locker, custom exhaust, plx, scangauge, D/P mod, amsoil drop in, 18x9.5 stern hyperblacks, ACA projectors, Grillcraft blackmesh, Performance Products valance, R/C Tails, B&M Short shifter, QA1 Coilovers all the way around, upgraded strut rod bars with heim joints, poly bushings everywhere lol, 1st model Streetacos bolt on four link!
    oops, thats for the parking lamp, 4 screws for back 2 screws for front.

6. pittim

pittim Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    IN, PA
    Vehicle:
    Dented and rusty
    Pink slider.
    Make sure you know which is the turn signal. The lights next to the headlights that look like they're turn signals...aren't. The rectangular ones on the bottom of the front bumper are the turn signals. I first thought they were fogs and was pissed when I couldn't figure out how the hell to turn them on.

To Top