1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

0210 Crawls Starbucks

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by 0210, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Apr 29, 2017 at 9:16 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB 4x4 TRD Sport BBP
    Kings, ARB Summit Bumper, SMittybilt Winch, vagabond Drifter, Prinsu Cabrac, Crusinoffroad slidersand rear bumper
    nicely done. I need to do the same to mine here shortly.

0210[OP] likes this.
  2. May 1, 2017 at 8:32 PM

0210 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport Upgrade DCLB
    Added a Salex Centre Console tray today. Darn thing conflicts with the Clazzio cover on the centre console, so that console will no longer close. Will probably have to settle for removing the Clazzio cover on that piece.

Also got a pair of window shades that I intend to use as bug-netting when camping. Dog will sleep inside, windows will be rolled down, and this stuff should keep most of the bugs out. These are meant for car windows, and the Taco's rear windows are a very different shape from the one pictured on Amazon, so the fit isn't great. Got to put some effort into stretching them out and then close the door while the shade is still stretched to get a decent fit. Not a huge deal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have also been doing some thinking and am leaning towards making my new fridge/stove/chuckbox slide myself, from 1/2" plywood for the frame. Getting this done by my fabrication shop would be awesome, but they're busy, and this may not happen until the end of summer... I want to be able to use it much earlier. The biggest challenge will be securing the frame to the bed, so if I can solve that, the rest is relatively easy.

3. May 2, 2017 at 7:31 AM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Kings, ARB Summit Bumper, SMittybilt Winch, vagabond Drifter, Prinsu Cabrac, Crusinoffroad slidersand rear bumper
    It interferes? I have one in my truck with Clazzios, not a single issue, check to make sure you have it installed right. Or perhaps, I'm misunderstanding and they have an actual tray for the truck and I'm thinking you mean the dividers?

Kitchen chuck box, These things are the bain of my existence. I want so badly to build one but I cannot justify the damn weight and taking it in and out is a pain in the arse. Wish they still made those campmate dosko kitchens. Those were amazing, you can find used ones for like 200-300USD's. Believe I'll be converting a Alu dry food box into my storage unit with some sort of divider. Something that is light weight and can be easily removed so I can use the truck bed for my diving addiction.

4. May 2, 2017 at 11:20 AM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I'm talking about the tray that sits on top/above the divider. I ended up taking off my Clazzio centre console cover last night so that it can close properly.

I hear you about the Chuck box. I've got mixed feelings about keeping the fridge and chuck box (along with the slide holding it all in place) in the truck full time, but I suspect that's what I'll end up doing. The chuck box itself shouldn't be too heavy. It'll likely be smaller than my last version, which I'd guesstimate was around 40lbs including the aluminum Partner Steel stove.

I know the Campmate kitchens you're talking about. Saw them on eBay once. Nice little units if you're looking for something that'll be easy to remove.

The AluBox idea is something I'm also considering. I doubt I'd be able to make it work for my specific dimensions, but I'll revisit their sizes.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. May 4, 2017 at 6:18 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Finally installed the Redline Tuning Elite hood struts and @mattgecko's hood lighting kit:

[​IMG]

Ran the wiring inside the hood as much as was reasonably possible:

[​IMG]

The switch:

[​IMG]

Added some foam on the hood to prevent chafing/scratches from the metal switch.

[​IMG]

With the struts, the hood sits at exactly the same height as with the original hood support arm. I thought (wished?) the struts would open the hood higher, but no such luck.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  6. May 4, 2017 at 10:44 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    With the recent addition of the bicycle, I started keeping my garden hose in the bed to wash the bike off when getting home. Realized I hated my traditional garden hose as it's bulky, gets tangled up, and is generally a pain. Picked up this one off Amazon, and was pleased to find it fits in the rear door storage cubby:

[​IMG]

This will also be useful for the occasional truck/dog rinse, and filling up the (coming soon) water tank.

Also got my 1up USA bike rack. Haven't actually used it with a bike yet, but initial thoughts are very positive. Solidly built and should last a lifetime.

[​IMG]

In the normal position, if you lower the tailgate, the backup camera just touches the rack. No bueno. :(

[​IMG]

But the bike rack can be tilted back, so that allows the tailgate to clear. In this position the bike rack isn't "latched" (as it would be in the other positions), but it's solid enough that I wouldn't worry about driving around town like this. Tailgate has plenty of clearance.

[​IMG]

The rack can also be raised, but I'm guessing LEOs won't be too thrilled about this setup as it completely covers my plate:

[​IMG]

I ordered the rack with a lock that prevents access to the key/mechanism that secures the rack within the hitch receiver:

[​IMG]

... the lock can be spun around for slightly more ground clearance.

And with another lock that secures the bike wheel:

[​IMG]

... both locks came keyed with the same keys. Good stuff.

When my rear bumper is made, there will be a second hitch receiver specifically for the bike rack. It'll sit higher than normal, so that the bike rack doesn't negatively impact my departure angle.

7. May 5, 2017 at 4:43 AM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    I'd shift the license plate to the rack for the time being. I've seen to many people pulled over and getting tickets for obstructing the license plate. It's usually fought and lost by the person being ticketed. I remember a few years back they had every biker up in arms about it in Calgary as some guy got a ticket who had some friends in powerful places.

Anyways, just be careful with blocking the plate.

8. May 5, 2017 at 9:03 AM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Oh I'm going to keep the rack down so the plate isn't obstructed.

9. May 5, 2017 at 3:31 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    That a boy, don't be one of these prissy Subaru Forester types with the giant bike rack obstructing the plate that gets their panties all in a bunch when they get a ticket for this.

Apologies to any prissy Subaru Forester types that may exist in the forum, I meant it as a joke.

0210[OP] likes this.
  10. May 5, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Forester types are pissy by default. <--- Not a joke, no apologies! :D

11. May 5, 2017 at 5:18 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Pissy yes but i said prissy, which is why I was apologizing. ;)

0210[OP] likes this.
  12. May 11, 2017 at 7:18 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Added a ShiftSense Pro today. Great improvement in shifting/acceleration all around!

13. May 11, 2017 at 9:44 PM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    What's this?

14. May 11, 2017 at 9:46 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    It's a device that's installed inline with the gear shifter and that activates when you put the truck into S-mode. It shifts for you (using the S-mode), according to a map developed by a member here on the forums. Basically a bandaid over the horrible shift map that comes with the truck, but a very good one. Check out the thread I linked to in my previous post.

15. May 11, 2017 at 10:36 PM
    Khrolar

Khrolar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    4 door 2017 trd off-road,
    None... :(
    I was curious about this, does that mean S mode is disabled when the shift pro is installed?

16. May 11, 2017 at 11:06 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    No. As soon as you manually shift in S mode (or shift to normal D), the device disables itself and won't come back "online" again until you shift to D and then back to S. Plus, there's a physical rocker switch on the device to turn it off (if you want to do that for whatever reason).

17. May 12, 2017 at 7:53 PM
    ~SunDog~

~SunDog~ Member

Member:
    Fraser Valley, BC
    Vehicle:
    2017 OffRoad DCSB in BBM
    I need this thing ASAP
    Thanks for the heads up

0210[OP] likes this.
  18. May 13, 2017 at 7:29 AM
    aaen

aaen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    Very interesting. Not sure it is something that i need, but very interesting

19. May 17, 2017 at 9:03 PM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    Thought I'd take advantage of Pelfreybilt's 15%-off sale (coupon code OEW2017, good until the 22nd)... snagged a steel gas tank skid. Already have the appropriate straps.

the_dau likes this.
  20. May 17, 2017 at 9:22 PM
    the_dau

the_dau Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD OR DCSB
    I thought I passed you in Pitt Meadows the other day, but the truck had a different tonneau

To Top