1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

03 PreRunner Scam in Vegas

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by saweetlou, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Oct 23, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    This is the responce to a Craigslist add here in Toronto Canada so if anyone is in the Nevada area maybe you could look this guy up. Fu%#en Scammers
    At least they are changing up their stories a bit.

andrew keegan <andrew.keegan30@gmail.com>

I think I've covered everything in my ad but again... this is an 2003 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner in excellent working conditions,only 49,815 miles, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title.

Unfortunately 3 weeks ago my son of only 17 years was involved in a car accident, a drunk driver hit him ... I am writing you right now from a private clinic from Las Vegas,NV where my son is hospitalized at intensive care. We need to cover all the medical expenses and we have less than 2 weeks. The car is priced for an urgent sale.The final price is $3500 + shipping to your door.
    For an accurate shipping cost please include your zip code in your next email.
    We hope to hear soon from you.

For more pictures here is a link to the car's photo gallery:
    http://img849.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=31909967.jpg

Sincerely,
    Andrew

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 7:01 AM
    dYL0n

dYL0n أنا لست الإسلامي

Member:
    First Name:
    Dyl0n
    New Orleans, LA
    Vehicle:
    17TRDORDCSBQSJBLKBRO2SPECU1.04
    1.04. Kbro2s. ICONS.
    Yeah man those scams are EVERYWHERE.... thats not unique to craigslist.

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 9:05 AM
    saweetlou

saweetlou [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph Ontario
    Vehicle:
    TRD Dbl cab long bed
    3in spacer
    I like to play along with these guys for a while and waste their time like they waste mine, here is his response.

Thank you so much for your fast reply, please take a few moments and read my email carefully...

The car is located in Las Vegas, Nevada at DAS headquarters, in the container, sealed and ready for shipping.
    You will have 7 days so you can inspect the car. Once you have inspected the car and decided to keep it, you will confirm your decision to eBay Buyer Protection and only then they will re-route the money in to my account, but if by any reason, you won't be satisfied with the car you can return it back for a full refund of your money. You will receive the car with all the necessary papers (clear title, bill of sale, user’s manual, insurance etc). The shipper I will use will deliver the vehicle to your door, you don't have to pick it from the port. Shipping will take 2-3 days maximum.

I got a quote from the shipping company and the exact shipping cost, including insurance is $670, I presume it would be fair to split the shipping cost so, we'll pay $335 each. Meaning, that the car and the shipping/handling will cost you $3835. think this is reasonable.
    If you want to move forward with the purchase please send me: your full name, full shipping address and cell / home phone number and I will initiate the deal with eBay Buyer Protection .They will contact you at that time with all the necessary information, payment and transaction details.

Best Regards!

Im curious how he thinks they are going to ship it to Toronto by water in 3 days :)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top