1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

03tacoman's EASY AND VERY CHEAP FOGS

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 03tacoman, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Feb 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    03tacoman

03tacoman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2003 Sr5 v6 Ext Cab
    Okay so I did BlackDawg's blinker relocation mod
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st-gen-tacomas/186115-free-blinker-light-relocation-mod.html
    Here are the housings after I did the blinker relocation mod
    [​IMG]

Then I had my old blinker housings left over accept they had a hole in them where I had to cut the mount part for the blinker light off in order to do the blinker mod. So I put three pieces of fiberglass over the holes. Then installed 3157 light sockets in them (had to cut with a razor blade a little bit in order for the socket to fight tight into the housing. Then I put 3157 white LED bulbs in each of those housings. grounded out the sockets then ran a power wire up and tapped that into my daytime running lights.
    [​IMG]
    Before wiring them into the truck I tested them on a battery I had from a lawnmower I scrapped (I did this because LED bulbs are polar and I wanted to make sure I had each bulb in the right way to turn on) they look blue in the picture but are actually white
    [​IMG]
    So now I have 3157 LEDs in my old blinker housings, and my blinkers are now in the same housing as my parking lights. This way makes the blinkers throw a lot more light off to the sides of the truck as well and my cheap fogs actually put a bit of light out there too. enough to make driving visible without my headlights on but i'm not actually that dumb
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Feb 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    Fernando

Fernando Hammerdown

Member:
    First Name:
    Fernando
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma DC 4x4
    Too many, See Build
    time to make me a set! lol

3. Feb 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    03tacoman

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2003 Sr5 v6 Ext Cab
    I have had them in a few days now and drove in snow and rain, lens started to fog up. tomorrow i'm going to silicone all around the socket I don't plan on taking them out anytime soon haha and they're cheap enough to put back together

4. Mar 31, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    03tacoman

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2003 Sr5 v6 Ext Cab
    bought another set of blinker bulbs to use with my good set of blinker housings for fogs instead of the fiberglassed shitty ones. will be wiring those soon so it's done right!

Products Discussed in

To Top