1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04 Chevy Colorado Vibration

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by CUtacomaTIGER, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Sep 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    CUtacomaTIGER

CUtacomaTIGER [OP] Unprofessional Driver

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 4X4 SR5 Chrome Stepside
    Black Wheels Tow Hitch w/4 Pin Weathertech Floor Mats Flowmaster Deck Plate Mod Window Tint Rear Diff Breather Mod Blacked out Badges Window Rain Guards Bed Liner
    A friend of mine has an '04 Chevy Colorado 3.5L 5 cylinder 5 speed 4x4 with 185k miles.

He is getting a fairly mild vibration that you can feel through the gas pedal and floor boards. It doesn't sound very loud at all but it is noticeable to the ear.

It is intermittent and not constant. It happens while in gear but coasting down hill the most often. It happens at speeds above 50-55 mph while in gear, in neutral, clutch in or clutch out, and at any engine rpm while in 2wd tc mode.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe just putting some new diff, tc, and tranny fluids may help out.

2. Sep 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    Supermoto

Supermoto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Landon
    Fallbrook
    Sounds like its a driveline or carrier bearing issue. Especially if you can feel it in the pedal. Also deceleration is the dead give away

3. Sep 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    CUtacomaTIGER

CUtacomaTIGER [OP] Unprofessional Driver

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 4X4 SR5 Chrome Stepside
    Black Wheels Tow Hitch w/4 Pin Weathertech Floor Mats Flowmaster Deck Plate Mod Window Tint Rear Diff Breather Mod Blacked out Badges Window Rain Guards Bed Liner
    the carrier bearing was one of my initial thoughts too but I don't know if he has one. It is an extended cab. I know double cabs have them but do extended cabs also have them?

my taco being a single cab and not having one i've never paid much attention to others issues with a carrier problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top