1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

04' Stock Front Skid Plate

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Tbell5, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Jan 13, 2010 at 7:45 PM
    Tbell5

Tbell5 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD XCAB
    Hello All,

My front skid plate was looking kind of crappy, so I pulled it off in order to wire wheel it and re-spray it. What I found out is it was falling apart like Swiss cheese. I have been looking for a replacement front skid plate (used) but it doesn't seem to be a hot item in the junk yards around me.

If anyone knows where I can get a stock skid plate (used or new) at a reasonable price please let me know. If anyone has upgraded and looking to part with their old one that is probably sitting in there garage, please advise. Preferably in the tri-state area for local pick-up.

Thanks.

TBell

2. Jan 13, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    Tbell5

Tbell5 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD XCAB
    I am referring to the engine skid plate, not that little brushed aluminum skid plate toyota offers as an option.

3. Jan 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM
    STLharry

STLharry Lube: It's the key to penetration.

Member:
    First Name:
    Harry
    VT
    Vehicle:
    Yeti Rescue Package with 240k miles
    '95-'97 camouflaged, ARB bull bar, RAT Products skid plate kit, sliders, Green Mountain Customs rear tube bumper and overland bed rack, King coilovers with Icon neoprene covers, defenestrated sway bar, OME Rear Suspension: CS046R leafs + AAL/5125 shocks/NWOR greasable hardware/U-bolt flip kit; S13WL Tundra calipers/pads/rotors, IPF H4 lenses and bulbs, IPF 968 DCG 100W lights, clapped out CB radio, Aussie-spec FJ60 inclinometer, ARB CKMA12 compressor, Superwinch S9000 with 12V Guy clock switch, 4' Hi-Lift, deckplate mod/grey wire mod/dif breather extensions, Duratrac tires, Sockmonkey bedside decals, boat cupholder, Dakine bike pad
To Top