1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'05 DC OR 6 speed: Would you buy it again?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by blackbrit, May 13, 2012.

1. May 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM
    blackbrit

blackbrit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. NC Mountains
    Vehicle:
    '05 DCSB 4x4 OR 6 Speed MT
    3 inch lift
    Hi folks -

Those of you who own the '05 double cab off road, would you buy it again? The back story on the questions is that my '98 Limited will be bought back by Toyota at the end of next week for about $12,500. Frame rust. (And I don't want to talk about it - it makes me cry :going crazy: Even though it's a great buyback program.)

There's a local guy who has the '05 DC Off road (short bed) with the 6 speed manual. All my vehicles have been manuals, so when I got the news about my frame I contacted him to see if he's ready to buy the new Tundra he has been eyeing. He is.

So... I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy his truck with about 103,000 miles on it. $14,000 works for both of us. He has all the records and bought it new. It has a three inch lift, custom rims, and Nitto (sp) tires. There is some rust on the frame, but it seems to just have some surface scaling. I hope.

I've read a lot of complaints about the throwout bearing, and just general bad feelings about this particular manual transmission. Those of you who own this truck, would you buy it again?

Consumer Reports gives it great marks, but that's for the auto, I think. As I said, I'm probably buying it, but would really appreciate hearing the good and bad from this community.

2. May 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM
    StickShifty

StickShifty Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC 4WD 6SPD
    i have not had much time with my 6spd, my truck is still new. but overall i love the 6spd, shifts fine for me. however when my truck was at the dealer last week i was given a DCSB v6 auto, and it was very impressive (shifted very smooth, truck just felt and drove great). overall i liked the auto, but i am a standard trans man.

i would base the decision on what YOU want to drive over the next several years.

3. May 14, 2012 at 3:49 AM
    blackbrit

blackbrit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    W. NC Mountains
    Vehicle:
    '05 DCSB 4x4 OR 6 Speed MT
    3 inch lift

Products Discussed in

To Top