1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05 dclb lift questions what would you buy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sully1981, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    sully1981

sully1981 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 SPORT 4x4
    Solo XLT 19" 4WD Kit and 4-Link w/32" cycled, Caged, 41 gallon fuel cell, 2.5 bypass and coil-overs up front, 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil-over in rear, PCI radio w/intercom and 5 headsets, 50" KC Gravity LED, 20" GG-lighting LED bar, Method Hole Wheels, Currie 9", URD CAI, 37x12.5x17 BAJA T/A, PRP Seats, Glassworks 6.5" front, Fiberwerx Bedsides.
    So I have an 05 DCLB that i am saving to lift it. The truck is 4 wheel drive and originally was gonna go with the toytec ultimate lift package but now debating if that is going to give me what i want in the long run. Ultimately i am going to keep this truck a while so spending some money on it. SO getting to the point of my post if you where going to lift your tacoma and money wasn't an option what kit would you buy and why. I really like the camburg long travel kit but not sure how something like this is for a daily driver. I do take my truck out and run it it the dirt whenever i get a chance so not like i am just on the street so need something that performs. So just cruious if you where going to lift your truck and wanted the happy medium between awesome performance for a decent price what would you buy or piece together. And also if you can tell me why that instead of another choice. thanks for the input in advance just trying to get an idea on your experiences and knowledge on how much i need to spend and being confident in what i buy.

2. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    1 bad tacoma

1 bad tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    rustburg Va
    Vehicle:
    05 trdsport 4x4
    grapics, 6" fabtech lift, volant intake with ram air scoop, cleared head lights, chrome kit, westin bull bar and steps, custom toyota emblem, throttle body spacer, flomaster 40 series, dick cepeck black and sliver dc1s, trd seat covers, thrid brake light cover, chrome tail lights
    i would say either promp lift or fabtech the reasons why you do four wheel some and its a every day driver their lifts are really good on and off road. i have a fabtech under my tacoma and it does wonderfull on and off road

3. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:36 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    i just put on sway a way coilovers and total chaos upper control arms in the front, in a couple of days i will put a deaver 11 leaf pack in the rear along with some ocon resevoir shocks. I had bilstein 5100's in front and they are a good ride but got a good deal on the coilovers, the rear i chose a full leaf pack because i did not want to use blocks. i am very happy with the front and i think i will be very happy with the rear. It all depends on how high you want to lift, 2",3", 6". that is up to you.

4. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:45 PM
    sully1981

sully1981 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 SPORT 4x4
    Solo XLT 19" 4WD Kit and 4-Link w/32" cycled, Caged, 41 gallon fuel cell, 2.5 bypass and coil-overs up front, 3.0 bypass and 2.5 coil-over in rear, PCI radio w/intercom and 5 headsets, 50" KC Gravity LED, 20" GG-lighting LED bar, Method Hole Wheels, Currie 9", URD CAI, 37x12.5x17 BAJA T/A, PRP Seats, Glassworks 6.5" front, Fiberwerx Bedsides.
    so far so good other things i am curious about is the height these kits are running and if any of the common vibrations are going to happen with it. Just something i keep hearing about and why i was originally going to stay at the 3" lift. Just don't think i will be satisfied with only 3".

5. Mar 23, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    you can go 6", the vibes are taken care of with shims for the rear driveline, if they are still there you can buy a tom woods drive shaft at worse case senario.

To Top