1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05+ Elite Off-Road Front plate Bumper - 1st Group Buy

Discussion in 'Elite Off-Road' started by Timicha, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Jun 10, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    JLink,

I don't know you so I'll put this softly. QUICK DICK'N AROUND AND POST UP SOME MORE PICS OF THIS BASADD BUMPER.

Thanks

2. Jun 10, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    lol :rofl:

I am headed down to VA for the weekend so I'll have to make sure and take some pics of the truck, and I'll get some shots of the bumper while I'm at it.

Just took it off and put it back on today to get it adjusted a little better. Was able to remove the 1/4" of washers I used as spacers, and get it tighter to the truck. Looks better now.

3. Jun 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    So here's a couple pics.. Still need to take some more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First I wanted it real tight to the fenders, but I have since adjusted it to give about 1/4" of space for body flex.
    [​IMG]
    Here's how I had it originally. just a large washer to space it down a little bit, but now I have a large washer between the bumper and the mounting location to space the bottom of it out, to drop the sides down a little bit with out dropping the front down. I will take pics to show what I mean.

All in all the bumper fits great, I am happy with it.. just cant wait to throw a winch and fogs in it :D

4. Jun 14, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Tillamook / Portland , Oregon
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    Truck looks mean man! Nice job

5. Jun 15, 2011 at 12:21 AM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    i must say that truck is ready for war lmao

6. Jun 15, 2011 at 1:29 AM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    JLink...thanks for the added pics. LOOKS GREAT!!! Your truck looks bullet-proof. Gonna get a rear bumper too???

Tim...badass work on that bumper. I'm still thinking I might jump on one of these once you get back to building. Good vibes to you dude, hope all works out for you.

7. Jun 15, 2011 at 5:24 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    thanks man. Awesome work on the bumper!

Lol not yet, but it will be zombie proof.. :anonymous:
    Lol thanks. I picked up a full set of ATO skids about an hour after taking those pics, so it's feeling a little more bullet proof now. I will be getting an ATO wrap around rear bumper eventually. I have 4wd problems that I should fix first. Might end up doing an fj t case swap to get rid of the electronics

8. Jun 15, 2011 at 5:41 AM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    I've got a rear bumper coming to me this next week from Billy at Brutte Force Fab. I struggled with wrap-around or not. I decided not...but I do love the look of the wrap-around. I just figured that I don't wheel hard enough to justify it...and it would be primarily for show. ATO, CBI, and Relentless wraps look all look real good. TOO MANY CHOICES!

I still like Tim's FRONT bumper best of them all. I just gotta hope he's gonna get things lined out and starts building again soon.

9. Jun 15, 2011 at 10:59 AM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    Fabtech 4 inch lift, tinted windows, diff drop, 33 inch MTZ tires on Raceline Raptor wheels, ELITE OFF-ROAD bumpers and sliders
    I'll be back to work next week and am going to really start cranking things out since I'm done with school

10. Jun 15, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Sounds good man! I'll try to find some time to put together a little install review to help anyone else.
    Time to sell some bumpers!

11. Jun 15, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Looking forward to seeing that in person Josh! :cool:

Tim - is Aluminum an option???

Thanks!:D

12. Jun 19, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    pootermobile

pootermobile Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL cab 4WD V6 6-speed Debadged
    De-Flapped, All-Weather Floor Mats, Blue LED dome light, De-badged, BMW shift knob, 8K HIDs in headlights and fogs, Fog light relay MOD, 3" Coil-spring spacers, 1.5" rear blocks, 17" ProComp 7033s, 285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Ebay 7" touch screen head unit, TEKstyle snap button tonneau cover
    Bumper is sweet and i definitely want one. Are the foglight holes big enough to fit the factory fogs in? I can make brackets and stuff i'm just wondering if the holes are big enough. Also can it be made to work with a 3 inch body lift? Also can i get my girlfriend to buy me one for my birthday? :D

13. Jun 26, 2011 at 12:15 PM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    the stock fogs wont fit, the fog light holes are made for a 4" light like the piaa 510's and i think stock fogs are around 5". i can mod it to fit a 3" body lift also just send me a PM and we'll get everything figured out, as for the girlfriend i think thats up to you haha buy some flowers or somthin

14. Jul 1, 2011 at 2:01 PM
    sprocketdog

sprocketdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halifax Pa
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco 96 Taco 06 TSX 94 extra cab Hilux
    DR coilovers, Camburg UCAs, Dakar rear springs, Bilstien 5150s, Demello sliders, rear plate bumper w/ swing gate, and alot more mods. [IMG]http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd368/sprocketdog1/059.jpg[/IMG]
    So how are the builds coming?

15. Jul 12, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    yo tim I want an Elite sticker if you still have them

16. Jul 17, 2011 at 6:57 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    I tried emailing you some pictures but my email was being weird... anyway.. here's some pics of the bumper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Jul 21, 2011 at 10:00 AM
    amadougrand

amadougrand Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southwestern Idaho
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Allright, mines started!!!!!!
    Cant wait

18. Jul 22, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    packfan88

packfan88 Very Nice !

Member:
    Acworth, GA
    Billy Lift, Cooper STT Pro, Westin Step bars, tinted, rain gaurds, EBC rotors hawk pads
    Looks good

a question or two

What are the possibilities of customizing the thinsg on the bumpers like the winch cleats or the holes? The shape of the bumpers is perfect and the size is great.

To make it a bit different from everyone else, is it possible to request certain things like relocating the winch cleats? Is there a way to put them "inside" the bumper and mayeb stick the winch cable thru one of those holes? Kind of keep the functionality, but hide the hardware for a more sleek look (imo).

I see the middle oval shaped hole is where a winch line would come through it. Then I see the two outter most round holes are for fog lights.
    What are the rest of them for? Specifically, the three round holes near the skid plate area. Is that for air flow? Is there a way to change those three holes to different shapes or possible logos or letters? I think it would be cool to put T R D or something like Toyota logos or maybe custom letter that I cna pick out. Even different shapes. Its just my opinion, but I feel it has a lot of round holes hahaha

Anyway, how do i get one, how long is the wait, and do you take credit cards (AMEX).

Looks good !!

19. Jul 22, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Saw this in person earlier this week.... Phenomenal looking Plate bumper!
    :cool:

20. Jul 26, 2011 at 11:31 AM
    Timicha

Timicha [OP] Timicha

Member:
    First Name:
    TIM
    Vehicle:
    04 White Tacoma
    a question or two

What are the possibilities of customizing the thinsg on the bumpers like the winch cleats or the holes? The shape of the bumpers is perfect and the size is great.
    - everything is customizable, all i have to do is change it on the computer for how it cuts.

To make it a bit different from everyone else, is it possible to request certain things like relocating the winch cleats? Is there a way to put them "inside" the bumper and mayeb stick the winch cable thru one of those holes? Kind of keep the functionality, but hide the hardware for a more sleek look (imo).
    - I'll need you to PM me and specify a little further on this, not exactly sure what you mean

I see the middle oval shaped hole is where a winch line would come through it. Then I see the two outter most round holes are for fog lights.
    What are the rest of them for? Specifically, the three round holes near the skid plate area. Is that for air flow? Is there a way to change those three holes to different shapes or possible logos or letters? I think it would be cool to put T R D or something like Toyota logos or maybe custom letter that I cna pick out. Even different shapes. Its just my opinion, but I feel it has a lot of round holes hahaha
    - the three holes in the skid plate are for air flow and looks and thats about it. anything you want can be cut into the skid plate, if you want pictures of the different things i've cut let me know. the two round holes on the front by the fairlead hole is for accessing the winch levers for free spool and engaging the winch.

Anyway, how do i get one, how long is the wait, and do you take credit cards (AMEX).
    - Just send me a PM with your order specs along with your paypal account email and i'll send you the deposit required. wait time right now is about 2 months but may speed up since i'm starting to get caught back up.

Looks good !!

Products Discussed in

To Top