1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05 used TRD Exhaust

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Major91, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    Major91

Major91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffROAD Barcelona Red
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    Today i am going to be buying a used TRD Exhaust that is about 3 years old. I have seen the pics of the exhaust and everything looks fine with it. There are some very minor rust spots on the pipes.....not much but intend on cleaning it up before i put it on...........is $125 bucks a good price for this or what? I know they go for around $400 around my area.....whattya all think? Do it? :confused:

2. Aug 10, 2010 at 8:49 AM
    BlackRig

BlackRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    NE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5
    I'd buy it.

3. Aug 10, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    Bobo_1

Bobo_1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobo
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport L-Bed
    Not a bad price at all. Even though stock and most aftermarket exhaust are stainless, they still seem to corode over time but no where near as fast as mild or aluminized steel. And if you went new, it will look like this one eventually anyway.

4. Aug 10, 2010 at 8:55 AM
    Major91

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    On Anytime Fog Lights Satoshi Grillcraft Misc LEDS 5100's all around Konig's16". Duratracks, debadged,tinted fronts, custom shifter, flyzeye
    Thats what i was thinking. Anything i can do such as sanding down and or spray paint some rustolium on the pipes where needed? Like some preventional type of work before putting it on the truck?

5. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:47 AM
    Bobo_1

Bobo_1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobo
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport L-Bed
    That is what I would do too. Sand, clean with a degreaser, and then paint it with a couple of coats of a black high heat paint. Wait, I think these are stainless steel. If they are then I would just see if I could clean and polish the rust away. If not, you can still paint them. But, with SS you are not suppose to have to paint them to fend off rust.

6. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    Major91

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Masshole
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info! Actually when i picked up the exhaust it had no rust what so ever. To my surprise i win for a change!! I was driving back home with the exhaust in my truck........very happy camper! Now.....just need to take the time to put her on! Even the chrome tip is in mint shape....... :D

Products Discussed in

To Top