1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 refinance

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bearskill, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    Starting a new threat because I got the tax thing sorted out with the bank, but now........ They value my truck at 18k. I tell them thats messed up because another branch of the same bank valued it at 19.6k. They then invited me to log on to the web site THEY use to value vehicles and see for myself. I do, and their site values my ride at 19.8k. I didn't add anything I don't have. difference of $1800.00. So I fax it to them like they suggested. I got a call today telling me after reviewing the new app the banks value didn't change. WTF!?! They are value my truck as a base model. Not even SR5! Not to mention the TRD Sport. And per their web site thats the $1600.00 - $1800.00. Should I just go to another bank?

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:08 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Is either amount enuf to cover your current loan?? Have you shopped rates at all or just looked at the one bank??
    I got a pretty great rate on my refi for my Taco thru USAA- Navy federal is also known for their good rates.

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:37 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I owe 22k on the truck. After the first bank to me the value (19.6k) I saved the difference up on the side. The bank now, after intrest is factored in (5.75%) will loan me 20.7k. As long as I pay the difference ($1300.00) I can go do it. I have that cash right now, but I don't wanna under value the truck. I feel like im getting ripped off.

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    Bearskill

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    I haven't shopped around. Just went to USbank cause they are who I have always banked with. With getting out of the military soon and all the out processing appoints AND being on mid shift I don't have time to shop around. At least I didn't till I thought I was getting ripped off.

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    USAA has some pretty simple easy rate calculators- Gotta sign up to get access to the site (I've been a member for years so I kinda forgot about the whole signing up thing)- Once you do that tho- Opens up a world of options.

I'm a HUGE fan of them. No local branches-but they are AWESOME for customer service otherwise.

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 7:29 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    +1 for USAA.

That said, why does it matter what they value it at again? If you owe 22k... you owe 22k...

7. Jan 22, 2010 at 7:32 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    just curious why you want to refinance your tacoma?? are they offering you a better rate or??? good luck with it hope it works out banks are sharks:)

To Top