1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'07 5-speed interior clutch squeak

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by EquinsuOcha, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Jun 29, 2009 at 9:20 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha [OP] Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    First off, I'm out of warranty so no TSB for me.

My clutch pedal squeaks really bad, mostly on hot days. I've done some searching on TW and haven't found out what the difference is between the interior clutch squeak and the exterior clutch squeak.

Is the interior squeak a bushing issue?

2. Jun 29, 2009 at 9:28 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    I'm in the same boat. The heat really seems to amplify the issue.

Thankfully the truck is still under warranty so I'll be going back to the dealer once again to have them dick with the clutch. They like to put grease on it and call it done, but I am going to try and have the whole clutch assembly replaced under the Clutch Squeak TSB this time.

The squeak has been around ever since 6K miles and hasn't went away for over 4K mile intervals. This is with the dealer "servicing" the clutch assembly... :frusty:

3. Jun 29, 2009 at 9:59 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Hmmm, interesting....mine seems to squeak worse when it's cold. Anyways, the previous owner had the clutch TSB done. It still has the inside squeak, but the outside squeak is what worries me. I think it's is the release fork/bearing moving on the input shaft. They seem to happen together, and since the weather has gotten warm, the squeak has gone away and my ticking fan problem has gone away too. :goingcrazy:

Products Discussed in

To Top